Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #1

2009 surveyor sv300 questions

I just bought a 2009 sv300 and have a few questions. This isn't my first TT, but I have a couple of questions on this one. Is there a tank monitor panel? If so where is it? Where is the water pump? Is the on/off switch on the water heater (outside under the cover) the switch to turn the pump on and off? Is there supposed to be a factory water filter? If so where is that? Thanks for advance for the help.
Alapetina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #2

I have a different mdl, but on my 2007 the pump switch is on the monitor panel, which is a little white box on the wall in the bathroom.

My water heater switch for the electric option is behind the WH door on the outside (hard to see, lower left).

Filter may be hidden. Mine was behind a panel in the bathroom, under the sink.
You had to remove the screws in the panel to get to it. I ended up removing the filter.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #3

Thanks. I feel like a total dummy. I found the monitor panel in the bathroom. It's on the side of the sink by the exterior door. I never would have looked there. I also beeline I found the filter location. There's a panel near the fridge that has screws showing. I'll try to get out there tomorrow and remove the panel and see what's in there. Thanks again for the guidance.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405636682.547015.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	58371
Just glad it wasn't a snake.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #5

Did you find the filter location? Mine was a pain, and I ended up removing the whole filter unit. I put a knob on the panel along with Velcro on the corners so that the panel is removable. I now use the space for toilet chemical storage.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #6

Didn't get a chance to get out there today. My bathroom sink cabinet door is full size. The panel I'm thinking it is would be about where the freshwater filler neck is. If the weather will cooperate tomorrow I'll try to check it out.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #7

Put some water in the tank and turn on the pump. Open a faucet. Follow the pump noise to a panel. It's a Forest River geocache scavenger hunt
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #8

Found the filter. Pretty dirty. Probably from sitting a while. Got it changed and cleaned the housing. Are these prone to leaks? Should I leave it or remove it? Never had a filter on any of the previous trailers.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #9

I have seen other post about the filter cartridge working loose. Mine never did. We sometimes camp with real low water pressure, and the filter made it worse, so I just removed the whole thing. Some will use a filter that connects to the water hose, we do not.

Tags
surveyor