Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
2010 model SP-293

My wife & I are considering purchasing this TT. I've read through plenty of older posts regarding this model and I'm assuming they relate to 2009 or 2008 models. Is there anybody out there who has the new year model? Any issues, likes, dislikes?

We have searched high & low for a TT that can be safely towed by our 2004 Tundra with the tow package. This TT has the right layout and comes in at the right weight. We really like it but don't want to plunk down this much cash only to find out later that it's junk.

grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
We just purchased the 2010 SP-293. We have had over a month and love it. We have found a few problems but nothing major (toilet had a slight leak, bathroom faucet dripped).

But I purchased with intentions of pulling it with a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7L, tow package. But found out it had a 3.55 gear so we upgraded trucks.

We were a little worried about storage, but not anymore. Plenty of room.

Dislikes - Wished it had enclosed underbelly, leaf springs instead of torsion springs, and we do not like the fridge temperature adjustment. But it is our first TT so we are really happy with it.

Haligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Thread hi-jack. As for adjusting the fridge, if it has the little slide piece, don't move it for two days. Set it and check the temp, two days later, especially if running on electric. Many people make the mistake of moving the thing twice, 3 times per day, and the fridge won't change that fast. It is not a house fridge, and won't act like one. It also doesn't like to be opened every hour so to get something out, especially when it is HOT outside.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
If the SP293 were offered in the SV line up we would trade our '07 model SV291 for it in a "Skinny Minute".
bamasurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
As the owner of a 2006 Tundra D/C w/ 4.7 SR-5 .......and pulling the T.T. in my sig.......your comfort level pulling that T.T may depend on where you live.

We pull fine here in the flat lands of Florida......and may consider some foot hill area of Ga. N.C, S.C!

Keep in mind your "real" weights.........good luck and enjoy !!
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Good info

It's doubtful that we'll do anything in the Rockies anytime soon. We're in the "flatlands" of LA, (Lower Alabama). When you say the foot hills of Ga, Tn, & NC, are you talking about places like Chattanooga, Cloudland Canyon, Rabun Gap, etc.? Will our 2004 Tundra 4.7 struggle with this trailer in hills of 2000 - 5000 ft?
grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
We just picked our SP-293 up on friday. We haven't taken it out yet but the tow home with it was no problem. We are towing it with a chevy tahoe. I wouldn't want to tow it in the mountains all the time but I think it would be fine a couple times a year. We are planning on going to Gatlinburg with it at the end of the year.

blake2727 is offline   Reply With Quote