Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #11

I will be towing mine with a 2010 Chevy Tahoe. With the weights of this trailer I don't think I will have any problems towing it with the tahoe. I will have a weight distributing hitch and sway bars. With the hitch i'm good for 10k on towing and 1k hitch weight according to the tahoe specs. I will try to post some pics when we get it this afternoon. Haligan you are right it does come with leaf springs. I forgot about that when I was posting the differences. The torsion would have been nice but I can live with the leave. I am also going to cover the underbelly myself and get the heaters put on the holding tanks so when I am finished I think the only difference in this trailer and the SV models will be the axels.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #12

That length of trailer is a monster for a Tahoe, forget your calculated ratings and think about wheelbase of your truck and the length of the trailer, also, the trailer will be much heavier than you think, you will be taxing your Tahoe beyond your expectations

Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #13

I picked up the trailer friday afternoon. The only place we have towed it so far is the thirty minute ride from the dealer to get home. This was all interstate driving but the trailer towed like a dream. Its well within the ratings for the tahoe and you could tell that it was. I used to max my 2500 out and you could tell when it was at its limits. With this trailer the tahoe was nowhere near its limits for the flat lands of south west Mississippi. We plan to take it to tennessee this winter so I will let you know how it handles the hills when we get back haha

Tags
surveyor