Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #1

Cool 2010 Surveyor SP210

Just took delivery of our new 2010 SP 210. We have had it out twice already on short trips and it seems to work fine, no major bugs. This appears to be the first year for this model, it is the Sport version of the SV-210. (it is not even listed in the brochure.)

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their SV-210? Are there any typical problems with these smaller Surveyors like water line breaks, leaks, suspension problems, heater or frig issues that I should keep an eye on?

We are pulling it with a 2007 Kia Sorento, I have weighed it loaded with everything I could think of to carry on our first trip and we were just a shade under 9000 GCVW. Tongue weight is about 350. Seems to pull just fine, I can be up to 60 by the end of the freeway onramp without to much pedal.

This is my first travel trailer so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Also any experiences (positive or negative) with Thousand Trails would be appreciated as well.

Tim and Jami
Marysville, WA

SurvSP210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvSP210 View Post
Just took delivery of our new 2010 SP 210. We have had it out twice already on short trips and it seems to work fine, no major bugs. This appears to be the first year for this model, it is the Sport version of the SV-210. (it is not even listed in the brochure.)

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their SV-210? Are there any typical problems with these smaller Surveyors like water line breaks, leaks, suspension problems, heater or frig issues that I should keep an eye on?

We are pulling it with a 2007 Kia Sorento, I have weighed it loaded with everything I could think of to carry on our first trip and we were just a shade under 9000 GCVW. Tongue weight is about 350. Seems to pull just fine, I can be up to 60 by the end of the freeway onramp without to much pedal.

This is my first travel trailer so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Also any experiences (positive or negative) with Thousand Trails would be appreciated as well.

Tim and Jami
Marysville, WA

Well, finally some locals!

We have friends from Puyallup that have a FR 5er and are members of one of the buy in types of camping places (not sure if it is TT or not) and they really like it. However it was given to them so they didn't have to pay the huge buy in price only the yearly fee.

For us it doesn't make sense as they do not have resorts in the places we tend to camp which is by the side of many of the good bass lakes in eastern WA or near our favorite Jeep trails on the other side of Chinook pass or over by Ellensburg. We also tend to like to dry camp (without hookups) much of the time.

You really need to evaluate what type of camping you do before you can decide if a membership campground is for you. If you are retired and moving from park to park on a weekly basis then they can be fairly worthwhile but they just aren't for us.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #3

We have tented for years and tend to like the more developed camp grounds. We are not retired yet but have grandkids that would accompany us from time to time so TT seemed to be a good deal. There is no buy in right now, just the yearly cost that would only take about 13 days of camping to break even on.
Taking the wife trout fishing for the first time at the end of the month over near Sun Lakes so it should be interesting to see how the Kia pulls over the pass. Wife says I cant take it elk hunting.

thanks!
SurvSP210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvSP210 View Post
We have tented for years and tend to like the more developed camp grounds. We are not retired yet but have grandkids that would accompany us from time to time so TT seemed to be a good deal. There is no buy in right now, just the yearly cost that would only take about 13 days of camping to break even on.
Taking the wife trout fishing for the first time at the end of the month over near Sun Lakes so it should be interesting to see how the Kia pulls over the pass. Wife says I cant take it elk hunting.

thanks!
Sun Lakes is a beautiful place. If you are in for a bit longer ride check out Curlew Lake up at Republic north of Spokane. There are a few nice resorts on the lake (none of the TT though) that rent boats and they have a really good trout fishery there. Have gone there for years for bass and tiger muskie. It's also a really beautiful setting.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #5

We have an SV-210 - purchased July of last year. We have had it out once this year and have 4 more trips planned. Ours has had no issues other than a stuck valve on one of the propane tanks - finally had a local gas company replace it.

It pulls great of course and has a TON of storage underneath, as you know.

The floor plan is a little tight for 3 of us. We drop the table down and sleep on it but that is quickly becoming a hassle. Other than that, we are very satisfied with the quality of it!
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, surveyor