Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #11

Got a letter from FR informing me to bring RV in to replace skylight.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #12

Is this affecting only bronze colored skylights? My 2011 SP293 Surveyor has a white opaque skylight. I climbed up there last week and looked for cracks. Didn't see any.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grb2980 View Post
Is this affecting only bronze colored skylights? My 2011 SP293 Surveyor has a white opaque skylight. I climbed up there last week and looked for cracks. Didn't see any.
Ours was replaced yesterday, it was opaque and was replaced with a bronze one.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #14

Called dealer to replace skylight and the dealer informed me that the skylight was replaced during the PDI. (Pre Delivery Inspection)
I also called FR to see if they had on file it was replaced and FR confirmed they had record of it being replaced by the dealer. Glad it was already taken care of.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #15

Update on mine, its been back at the dealership being inspected again. Its been there over two weeks now and they are waiting on FR to see about the next step. When we picked it up after they replaced the skylight and told us all was OK we had a long trip ahead. While on the trip I noticed that every ceiling nail from the bathroom to the rear (my camper sits nose high at home) was rusted out and popping from the trim. The trim had also failed in two spots and was just hanging there along the wall. I pulled the white interior skylight down so I could see up in there and there was black mold and quite a bit of moisture up there still!! I was not happy to say the least. Took a bunch of photos, called the dealer and hauled it the 1.5hrs back down there. They claim they didnt see all those rusty nails popping out. Right.

So its sitting there as FR decides what to do next. Dealer is telling me its all dry now and the mold is gone and just want to replace the trim. We want new ceiling panels. Mold is a huge issue for one of my kids (we sometimes camp with a portable HEPA running in the bunkhouse) and I want to make sure its dry and clean up there.

We also had a leak spring up with the outside shower plumbing that soaked the underside of our kitchen counter and made it swell up so bad it popped the laminate off. It was just a fine mist spraying out but enough to soak the particle board.

Hoping to get all this fixed quickly. We have a week trip in June that has been planned for a year.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #16

Another update. Still at dealer! Waiting on FR to ship parts out. It was approved for repair two weeks ago but no word on when parts would ship. They are replacing all the ceiling trim and paneling, insulation, both top bunkhouse mattresses (they got wet from the leak) and my counter that popped. The rest are items that can be fixed by them without parts. Happy that its all being taken care of. Still hope its done in time for our trip... Dealer cant seem to get a straight answer out of FR on a ship date for parts.

CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote