Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #11

I am worried that I will jinx myself but we are currently in trip two and we haven't had any major issues. We Havant used our privacy screens but we did try them. Only thing I have seen are some irregular readings on the tank levels. Coming from a pop up I am not used to these yet. I'm not sure if some of this is normal.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #12

We have completed our second trip out and no major issues. The only problem (other than the sensors) is a small water leak in the back of the toliet. I tried to tighten it up (very difficult to reach) so we will see how it goes next time. Oh yeah, DW stepped on the vacuum cord while it was plugged in and ripped the outlet out of the wall. Can't blame Forest River for that one. Luckily it was an easy fix.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #13

Tanddc: Glad you guys are still only seeing minor issues. All of ours got fixed at the dealership in a timely fashion, and we're heading out now for a four-night trip. They discovered that the piece of wood I pulled from under the pantry had been an un-needed piece left there by workmen. When the slide moved, the wood got jimmied under the storage bin on that end of the couch and pried it loose so that it touched the floor. Now fixed, but could have been a real problem.

I'm not sure how you could really look under there to see if debris has been left.

As for your toilet leak, I had that to happen sporadically with my previous camper, a Surveyor 186. There would be a small puddle, then no problem for months and months (we camp at least once a month). I think I would just keep an eye on it.

I don't know about the tank sensors. My black tank always showed full after about the first trip on the 186, but I think the flush system will help that in the new one.

We'll report back next week. By the way, we are deliriously happy with the incredible extra storage space as opposed to our previous 20-footer. Coming from a pop-up, which we have previously had, you must be on Cloud Nine. Keep enjoying it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #14

Yes we are on cloud 9! Not just the storage but a bathroom. New camper $15,000 plus. Not having to walk my wife to the restroom at 3:00 AM. Priceless.
Good luck on your trip! We are back out the 17th. Camping is addictive.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
Yes we are on cloud 9! Not just the storage but a bathroom. New camper $15,000 plus. Not having to walk my wife to the restroom at 3:00 AM. Priceless.
Good luck on your trip! We are back out the 17th. Camping is addictive.
Yes, and it's a great bathroom. We love the radius shower curtain and the gigantic closets. Just wish we could access it with the slide closed, but that's a minor detail. Have fun on the next trip.

You are right about it being addictive. In the past eight years we have made it a point to go camping once a month, year-round. We've only missed two Januarys. In our nice N.C. weather, it wasn't too cold to camp, but just too cold to go outside and hook up the camper. That heat duct in the bathroom is nice, too. Didn't have it on our last camper.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #16

We just got back from our fifth trip in our 220. We replaced the dinette table with two small folding tables. Loved them. Most of the time we only need one table, but they are very lightweight, so I can move them around for all kinds of uses. This was also the first trip with the new foam in the dinette cushions. These two things made the trip much more comfortable.

Haven't had much in the way of glitches. Just this trip, I figured out that the TV isn't hooked up to the DVD player OR the antenna. We don't use the TV much, but the weather was bad one day and Dh wanted to watch a movie. I ended up just hooking the TV up to my laptop. As for the antenna, I just figured, we were always in low signal spots to begin with. Since we won't camp again until Sept-Oct. We'll have our local dealer, fix that and add a couple of other things
Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #17

Stephanie,

What size are the tables you are using? We have thrown the idea around of doing the same thing but with one table. Also, where did you get the foam for your cushions? We were thinking about adding memory foam to the bottom just to add a little more give but I am not convinced it is worth the extra weight.

Mjones12,

All the ducts are nice! The only heat we had in the pup was an electric plug in heater. It had to be run with nothing else on. No microwave and worse yet, no coffee! A furnace with a thermostat while camping is almost alien to me.

We try to go every other week in the summer until our vacation days run out.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #18

We purchased these tables at Staples. For most meals, one table is perfect for just the two of us. We use two when we need a bit more room. Very lightweight, but pretty sturdy. Easy to store in the bath or to take out side.
Sudden Solutions™ 30" Personal Folding Table | Staples®

For the foam, I went to a local upholstery shop and purchased their most dense cushion foam. It was a green foam, similar to memory foam, but not quite as heavy. Dh goes to bed early, like 8pm and I like to stay up late and read, the old cushions weren't comfortable for that.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #19

Thanks for the tip! We don't spend a lot of time sitting on ours but it doesn't take long to start taking its toll.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #20

I can't tell you how much more I like these tables than the one it came with. These aren't as pretty, but much more useful. I can flip it around and use it for counter space, one will just fit between the entertainment center and lounge, if I want to hook my laptop up to the tv. And If I stub my toe on the base, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

I looked at a lot of tables, and a lot of different bases for the table we had.