Old 07-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #31

Glad you are enjoying your sp22. Which over head cabinets did you put the half shelves in?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #32

In the cabinet over the sink area. Height level with the door catch, inside edge centre with the middle up right support. This shelf houses the coffee cups and glasses. Did put a raised edge so that the cups will not slide off. The bottom shelf houses the dinner plates etc. The unmodified side houses the coffee maker, utensil holder and toaster.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #33

Cool. We will have to think about that. Our coffee maker is In their "pantry" (shelves behind the mirror beside the couch). You just have to love love the the storage on these things. We mounted a paper towel holder on the table tonight. This is our first new camper and our first hardside so we are just getting our feet wet.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #34

Take your time in deciding were to put things. We spent a week camping thinking about where to place things. When we received our trailer the toilet paper holder was handed to us. My wife, Norma, sat on the toilet while I moved the toilet holder to different locations, and we finallly settled on a location hanging underneath the medicine cabinet.
Enjoy Terry T
Old 07-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #35

surveyor 220 maiden voyage and bathroom door

Hi mjones12,
My wife and I just got back from our maiden voyage in our new Surveyor 220 too and are very happy with it. You might be interested in a post I did today under the General Modification forum changing the bathroom door to a folding one. I had prostrate surgery last fall and when I need to pull over to use the restroom, I can't be wasting time putting out the slider. The folding door was a lot of work to put in but sure worked well. I included a couple of pictures to see how it looks. Enjoy your new trailer!
Pete

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #36

Forgot to mention; I also replaced the bathroom fan with a better unit with more speeds and in/out airflow, cost a bit over $100 at Camping World but really works well and provides a nice little airflow with the bedroom windows open. I also put a toilet paper holder on the inside of the bathroom sink cabinet door with small screws and that works well. Why Forest River didn't put a tp holder in is beyond me! We also put half shelves in the upper kitchen cabinets, very handy. I also put a counter extension on the door side of the kitchen counter, not so handy as it gets in the way and doesn't support as much weight as I would have liked, like a coffee maker. We also got a small folding plastic table and that really works well. Saves weight and with just the two of us we can position it to eat or use our laptops. Thanks you guys for all the good tips!
Pete

Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #37

Pete

What length screw did you use on the TP holder? We tried Velcro in the same place but it didn't hold so I am going the same rout however I was concerned I would go through the door. I was going to glue some blocks on.

Terry

We liked the idea of the half shelf so much we went out looking for one today (no luck. Will most likely have to stain one at home).

Tim
Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #38

Pete: Thanks for the bathroom door info. For now, deploying the slide about a foot works for us, but it's good to consider options.

Tanddc: Your camping photos look great. I notice that you have your bike rack down. Do you use it for storing things off the ground while you're camping, or did you just have it down because you'd been hauling bikes or something else? We aren't bikers, and we're not sure what we will use that rack for, but always open to new ideas.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #39

Surveyor 220 bike rack

Hi,
We are both retired now, I'm 63 and recovering from prostrate surgery and 30 years with Ma Bell as a lineman/repairman with shot knees so no more bike riding for me, my wife is 52 and never liked to ride bikes anyway. So, I just took the bike rack off to save weight since we don't need to use it for storage (our trailer has more storage space than we know what to do with coming from a Jayco 18' trailer!) and I moved the spare tire from under the trailer and mounted it to the back bumper (see pic).
Anyone found a decent dual battery box for 2 group 24 batteries?
Happy Trails!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07072013 026e.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	34811  

Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #40

Afraid I can't help you with the double battery box. We have yet to put a bike on our rack but I love it for wood storage. Keeps it off the ground and easy to keep dry. We only store it there while we are on site. If there is any left to be moved at the end of the trip we put it up front for extra tongue weight.