Old 04-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #1

Thumbs down 2016 251RKS - Back to the Dealer

Onward. Hauled the new TT back to the dealer yesterday (90 miles each direction = 360 miles so far, with at least another 180 need) so they could do the "punch list" of items we found while in our driveway - we have yet to use it. (starting with the potable water check valve, the list is primarily plumbing related, but about 10 items long). Had to drop it there, of course, no repairs done on Saturday - despite what my wife was told.

Likely need to order parts (3 - 4 weeks) and that they "had lots of similar" issues with trailers on the repair lot.

Seems either the FR production or dealer is lacking quality control. I politely asked that they "make it right" and keep us informed as to progress / status of repairs.

We have a trip booked for north Alabama in early June. Tick-tock. Will we get a test camp experience in before then? I kinda doubt it.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #2

Sorry for your troubles....I have found plumbing issues to be a popular problem with new trailers. Our 5th wheel had the cold /hot reversed in the bathroom....drains were not tightened.....the black tank flush hose connection to the black tank was not secure...etc.etc.. Poor workmanship for sure...and not acceptable considering the cost of these units.The factory should do it right the first time...or their quality control should find it...or the dealer should find these issues....SOMEONE....before the customer takes it home...end of rant

Good Luck

2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 SXT 6.4l Hemi 3:73's
Former Michelin Tire Guy
kevnval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #3

Yep. It seems that basic quality control was missed on this one. We bought it off the lot, they had a week to prep and make it ready. The PDI walk-thru was fractured because of scheduling...
We got it home and found 90* kinks in the bathroom sink waterlines (from the factory?); missing tie-down clamps on two lines under the trailer; leaking at the sink strainers, etc etc. Obviously, no onboard water systems were tested.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #4

From what we saw at the FR factory, they are moving way to fast and things are being dropped, forgotten or 1/2 way completed. We took ours back to the dealer for our punch list as well. We were told about a week. We called after a week only to find out it hasn't even made it in the shop yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that its back in time for our camping trip. I do love our camper tho.....
Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 PM   #5

Geez, this is rather discouraging news...we are supposed to pick up our Surveyor 251RKS Friday...chose this model because the quality seemed so much higher than similar models. Any other things to be on the look out that weren't mentioned here? Thanks!!

2016 251RKS, what was your long list of plumbing items??
Grayfamily, what was on your punch list?
Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 AM   #6

Add replacing the bed lift hydraulic struts -- found that yesterday.

Check valve was bad (on board water pump would shoot water out the city connection). Each sink leaked at the drain; shower, too. Hoses were loose under the carriage - bracket missing. Bathroom supply lines were kinked tight.

Take your time on the inspection. . . better yet, make them take their time. Try each and every item. Our slide out wiring guide was kinking. Check the caulking around all the plumbing fixtures.... the shower stall needs re-doing.

They don't do any repairs on Saturday (at least the dealer we used in Lexington NC).
Old 05-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #7

Your going to love your 251RKS, we love ours and purchased it because the quality is so much better. Just take your time looking over your camper when picking it up. We were told our camper went through an extra inspection since we were in Indiana at the factory while it was being build. While we were there, we were shown the problems that were caught during the regular inspection. Our issues were small with the exception of 1 of our bathroom walls was delaminated (weird since it was the same wall that was delaminated when we picked it up at the dealer). We were not able to check the water, a/c or fireplace the day we picked it up. We scheduled a camping trip and literally went over the whole camper. Water, HVAC & fireplace all worked fine. We did notice that heat really pumped in the living area and not so much in the bedroom (you may want to check that too). Write down anything you see, don't be afraid to tell the dealer your issues even if they are small. We put a piece of blue tape on everything we weren't 100% with. Hope to hear back that you love your camper and there were no major issues with it. Congratulations ahead of time.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #8

We picked up our 251rks in January and have camped in it about 27 nights so far. We love it and have only had a couple minor problems that the dealer fixed promptly. Luck of the draw I guess.
Themeads46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #9

Lightbulb new 251 RKS Issues

Ive had mine since February. Its a great trailer but there were a couple issues that are being repaired by the dealer: The kitchen Faucet was leaking from the factory and had to be replaced. They also had to replace the chrome rings on the lights on the front of the trailer.

The main complaint about this trailer is that the bathroom door cant be opened or closed when the slide is in. I posted a fix on one of the other posts about the 251 RKS. Now im looking for an effective way to keep the shower doors from moving around while im towing it. The doors have come out of the tracks twoce now.

Any suggestions from anyone?
Old 05-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #10

My doors are semi-circular - with a locking swing latch to secure them while traveling. So far, they've not jumped the track(s)

Tags
dealer