Old 04-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
2017 Surveyor 33RETS

We hooked up the 2015 Puma today and traded it for a 2017 Surveyor 33RETS, it is a much different beast.

The interior is awesome, almost like a fifth wheel and the exterior is clean and sleek. We had a few issues, most were corrected on the spot by the dealer. We had a kinked outside shower line, the DVD was unplugged, loose trim panel in the front pass thru compartment and a loose trim molding on the ceiling. The couch is the biggest problem, the arm is indented and there is a hole in the cushion. The dealer is submitting a claim for it to get us a new couch.

It is definitely heavier than the Puma. I have installed my Pro Pride on it and the DW has equipped it. It will be interesting to see how it handles now that it is loaded. I told her this needs to last her a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surveyor.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	106556  

2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2015 Palomino Puma 30FQSS --Traded--
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 23

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Nice looking unit! Enjoy!

2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ 1500
2017 Surveyor 285IKDS

2017 Surveyor 285 IKDS
2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD 2500 Duramax
Humteddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
Congrats on your great looking Surveyor 33RETS.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:05 AM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping
She's a beauty. Congrats
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
Wow, nice rig! We also pull our Roo 21SS with an Excursion. Now you've got me thinking upgrade.
2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
I wanted to give a review of the 33RETS now that we have owned it for a couple of months and taken it on several trips.

The 33RETS is really a joy to spend time in, there is plenty of room for 4 of us and 2 dogs. The 05 Excursion is equipped with a Pro-Pride hitch and handles the camper just fine, it does feel heavier than the Puma we traded in.

On the maiden voyage to Ft Wilderness we had a couple of hiccups. The dealer did not wire the batteries in parallel so they were not charging right, I fixed that problem while on the road. Speaking of the inverter, when we returned home it quit working, I contacted the inverter manufacturer and they exchanged the bad one with a new one. It was a simple replacement.

The furniture is a disappointment. So far we have had trouble with the recliners not closing easily and the arms of the couch collapsing. The dealer replaced the right arm and is working with FR on the left. They are also working with FR on the recliners.

The TV connections were poorly run and bad and the DVD player was not wired properly. On our FL trip I replaced the TV with a same sized unit from the house just so we had something to watch because at the last minute we could not get the Jensen to work. When we got back I looked at the TV. I ran new cables from the DVD to TV and sound bar, fastened the DVD player in properly and corrected the TV settings to make everything work.

The awning is a disappointment because the slide under it takes up so much room. I contacted Surveyor and they changed the awning supplier and all 33RETS units now have the awning over the slide. We use a pop up tent towards the front to watch TV etc.

Other small items: The kitchen drain leaked, it was a simple repair to reseat the elbow. The bed storage compartment struts are weak, I will find suitable replacements. The blinds behind the chairs were damaged by the recliners not closing, the dealer is working with FR on that.

Things to keep in mind about the 33RETS. The front pass though storage doors are 21" wide so some chairs and blue tanks will not fit. The electrical, TV and water hookups are on the back so the bike rack has to be lowered to plug them in. BTW, the rack is heavy. Bikes on the rack need to be carefully positioned, you don't want one popping a handle bar into the camper's fiberglass.

The water heater is in the rear of the camper, it takes a minute for the hot water to reach the shower. The black and grey tanks are large, 4 of us did not fill the black tank in 6 days. On a separate trip we did not fill the grey tanks in 3 days so I am impressed.

The residential refrigerator is great, we know boondocking will be tough but if we do we will buy a generator. The refrigerator is large and handles a weeks worth of for for my hungry teenagers.

Yes, this is a couples camper but the sofa pulls out into a bed and there is plenty of room for an air mattress in front of the recliners. The bed room has a ton of closet and drawer space so we all keep our clothes in it.

We have had a few small items but all in all the camper has been great! We are much happier with the 33RETS than we were with the Puma 30FQSS.

2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2015 Palomino Puma 30FQSS --Traded--
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 23

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote