Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

2018 251 rk fuse for water pump

I removed the plate in the basement (that was fun) and did not see an in-line fuse for the water pump (shurflow 4008). I have missed things before. Is there secret compartment? Also, what is the fuse amp?
andy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy10 View Post
I removed the plate in the basement (that was fun) and did not see an in-line fuse for the water pump (shurflow 4008). I have missed things before. Is there secret compartment? Also, what is the fuse amp?
I have not looked for one, but I remember seeing one either. Trailer is at another location. When I am there this weekend I will look depending on weather. Which is supposed to be good.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy10 View Post

I couldn't find one either in our RiverStone, neither inline nor in the converter box. An inline fuse holder with a 10Amp fuse was only a couple bucks and 10 minutes of my time to do it right and not worth getting anyone involved.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #4

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...w_Mifrclr35-Sr
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #5

Andy,
I did not see one (fuze) on my TT.
I would mention here that I cut an access panel on the bedroom side of the pump. (next to the bed and near the floor) This lets warm air flow to the pump in the winter to keep it from freezing.

2016 FR251 rks / Ram2500 diesel 4x4
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #6

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post
Andy,
I did not see one (fuze) on my TT.
I would mention here that I cut an access panel on the bedroom side of the pump. (next to the bed and near the floor) This lets warm air flow to the pump in the winter to keep it from freezing.

2016 FR251 rks / Ram2500 diesel 4x4
This is a good idea. I think the compartment could be lightly insulated also. I was looking for the fuse again with no luck. The power wire runs into the floor and back into the darkness. The pump says to use a 10 amp slow blow fuse. There is a 10 amp in the power panel labeled MP which I am trying to figure out.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #7

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
I couldn't find one either in our RiverStone, neither inline nor in the converter box. An inline fuse holder with a 10Amp fuse was only a couple bucks and 10 minutes of my time to do it right and not worth getting anyone involved.
I will do the same if it was omitted but I don't need two (if I am missing something). I inquired with FR and they kindly sent me the Shur-Flo diagram available in the "manual." All this did was say there is "supposed" to be one which is supported by text on the pump. I have asked if they could contact the production line and ask what happens in the real world.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #8

In order to close this thread, in an exchange of emails with FR-surveyor it was acknowledged that there probably is not a waterpump fuse if I cannot find one. My suggestion that they ask someone "on the line" if they install or supposed to install them seemed to be asking too much. I may run this by Shur-Flo to see what happens.

Tags
fuse, pump, water, water pump