Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #1

2018 25rk1s bathroom heat flow

Does anyone have an issue with their bathroom not heating well? I took the vent off an noticed a 2” flexible hose coming from underneath the shower. I put my thermostat gun on it and it read 75 when all the other registers are putting out 125. Plus the 2” hose just stubs towards the 3 1/2 vent
mezani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #2

I don't have your model, but I have the exact opposite problem. My bathroom is hotter then blazes when the furnace runs. I figured it was intentional to help with things not freezing up in the cold. Lots of threads and complaints on hear about bad air flow and crushed vent lines during construction.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #3

My Coachmen Apex 249 doesn't even have a heat duct in the bathroom, and the one in the bedroom puts out just a fraction of what the ducts in the main salon do. Bad craziness for a 28-foot trailer. I think the problem in the bedroom is that the duct makes a 180-degree turn to point toward the wall.

Service guys claim they inspected the duct after my complaint, and everything is as it should be. B.S., in my opinion.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #4

Hi there...I have the same year and model, with the same issue...the 2 inch tubing is how all of the heat ducts receive the output from the furnace...the bath heat tubing routes through under the floor and pops up under the shower and, as you described, stops a couple of inches shorts of the 3 1/4 inch circle vent tacked into the panel under the sink...I had some 4 inch flex from a dryer vent install and used HVac silver tape to connect it to the backside of the circle vent, then formed down the other end and shoved the 2 inch duct hose into that and used more tape to seal it...at least now what little heat there is dumps into the bath instead of warming the backside of the enclosed sink cabinet...I would say about a 20% improvement.
frlancr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, roo