Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #1

251RKS bedroom tv mount location

2018 251RKS anyone know where the spot in the bedroom wall that holds the tv mount is located? Measurements or some reference point?
Nalleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleyb View Post
2018 251RKS anyone know where the spot in the bedroom wall that holds the tv mount is located? Measurements or some reference point?
If I can get out to my trailer I will measure for you. Without looking it is in middle of the wall below cable and power connection. About 12" down. But I will get you measurements. I need to refresh the peppermint oil I use for winter storage.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
If I can get out to my trailer I will measure for you. Without looking it is in middle of the wall below cable and power connection. About 12" down. But I will get you measurements. I need to refresh the peppermint oil I use for winter storage.
I went out there is a cross member starting 20" from the ceiling, looks to be 1" thick.. It goes from the outside wall to the pocket door. You can feel it by pressing on the wall panel. I think there is a vent pipe in that wall behind the board, but not 100% sure.
Hopefully if the photo uploads from my phone you can see it along the bottom way up in. I took this by taking out the drawer in the bathroom above toilet. You maybe able to see from storage in bedroom.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190205_115232~2.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	196218

Old 02-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

You may not be able to rely on measurements from others with the same trailer...

When these things are tossed together they just staple or screw them in place...not always paying attention to the spec sheets!

I found that out the hard way on my last TT.

It had a sticker on the wall supposedly showing me where the mounting plate was...

However, four wasted screw holes in the wall later...that sticker was more than a foot off!

See photo below...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	563.8 KB
ID:	196221  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You may not be able to rely on measurements from others with the same trailer...

When these things are tossed together they just staple or screw them in place...not always paying attention to the spec sheets!

I found that out the hard way on my last TT.

It had a sticker on the wall supposedly showing me where the mounting plate was...

However, four wasted screw holes in the wall later...that sticker was more than a foot off!

See photo below...
Hence the reason I suggested they feel it by pushing in on the wall. I never trust their labels like you said. My 251rks is a 2017 model. I was surprised I could get that picture. If I mount a TV I will push my camera scope up the wall to confirm if there is a vent pipe or not. Wouldn't want to use too long of a screw either.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #6

Thanks for the information
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #7

Thanks for the information

Tags
bed, cat, location, mount, roo, tv mount