Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #1

a/c

just got back from a camping weekend with my sv305, I am not happy with the a/c. Doesnt seem to be getting cool enough in the back room and the bedroom, is there anything i should be doing differently?
alcaidinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaidinho
just got back from a camping weekend with my sv305, I am not happy with the a/c. Doesnt seem to be getting cool enough in the back room and the bedroom, is there anything i should be doing differently?
Does your a/c have the slider on the a/c for quick cool dump?
If so is it shut?
If not it sounds like air loss in your ceiling or blocked duct work.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #3

Check out this thread. TheSasks found some interesting things out about his A/C...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mmm-25632.html
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #4

On a related point I also have a question on A/C. We have an SP240. We have logged over 4,500 miles of towing and nearly 20 nights since we took delivery last September. Just recently deployed the A/C. While it cools nicely it is NOISY. To the point of a low rumble throughout the trailer that is at its worst in the bedroom area. I am contemplating ear plugs. The vibration can be felt in any and all walls. Can this possibly be normal?? I admit this is our first TT with A/C. Before I head to the dealer to complain, does anyone have a thought on this? We can tolerate the fan noise but the low frequency vibration/rumble is not acceptable. If this is "normal" than we will have to either camp only in cooler weather only or look at trading in for a unit that has ducted A/C.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote