Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #1

Another Great weekend at the lake in our surveyor 251RKS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501337083.348717.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	451.7 KB
ID:	146444i
TROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:52 AM   #2

Great to hear. We can't wait until we leave for 10 days for Rollins Pond.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
Great to hear. We can't wait until we leave for 10 days for Rollins Pond.

Looking forward to seeing your posts. Enjoy your time camping.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #4

Great! Our next trip will be to watch the Eclipse and the TT will be tested for sure. A dry hot camp in an alfalfa field on a spot that is 40 x 20. We are thinking three nights ahead of the event will be needed, due to the crowds. But, "location location location"; we are dead center in the eclipse line. I hope there are no fires.
We will take several inverters. We use a large fan in the living room (uses 110), and lots of water.
Ram 2500 diesel/FR251RKS
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post
Great! Our next trip will be to watch the Eclipse and the TT will be tested for sure. A dry hot camp in an alfalfa field on a spot that is 40 x 20. We are thinking three nights ahead of the event will be needed, due to the crowds. But, "location location location"; we are dead center in the eclipse line. I hope there are no fires.
We will take several inverters. We use a large fan in the living room (uses 110), and lots of water.
Ram 2500 diesel/FR251RKS

My camper has a 3000w inverter. But we have yet had to stay off the grid. Do you use a generator to recharge the battery's?
My wife and I are flying to Spokane tomorrow. I would like to pull our camper up that way in the next few years.
I hope you all have a great time.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #6

Trom,
I do use my inverter to charge the batteries. I have a two 6 volt system.
The first item on my TT modification list was to add a voltage meter. I removed the switch panel at the door and found hot and ground wires, then cut a hole for the meter. So I monitor the health of batteries, and run the inverter when needed.
I also removed the hot wire to the frig door that is used to heat the door.
On short duration trips, we do not need a defrost system (out west). There is a good thread on this subject. That door heater turns on every time the door is opened, so I fixed it.
Ram 2500 diesel/FR251RKS
Old 08-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Trom,
I do use my inverter to charge the batteries. I have a two 6 volt system.
The first item on my TT modification list was to add a voltage meter. I removed the switch panel at the door and found hot and ground wires, then cut a hole for the meter. So I monitor the health of batteries, and run the inverter when needed.
I also removed the hot wire to the frig door that is used to heat the door.
On short duration trips, we do not need a defrost system (out west). There is a good thread on this subject. That door heater turns on every time the door is opened, so I fixed it.
Ram 2500 diesel/FR251RKS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501817776.723434.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	147103
This is what I am using. The guy I purchased my camper from installed Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501817894.393170.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	147104i
All this and then sold it to me. Long story but it works out for my wife and I.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Ram 2500 diesel/FR251RKS

Well, how did it go? Get some good pics, rv all ok for the trip, where did you go?
JimB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #9

We just got back this morning from the Eclipse event in Madras Or. Our 251rks was very popular and numerous people wanted to see the inside. The RV worked perfectly at the 4 day dry camp; we always had well over 12 volts in the two 6 volt batteries, using an occasional generator run when we watched TV. With the non-directional fixed antenna, we found 40 channels. We had plenty of water from the tank, which I did fill at home. (yes, it made the front end of the trailer a bit heavy but the truck handled that ok.) We did drive over the Mt. Hood highway; no problems. I did have a close call with a tribal police radar trap, but he did not stop me for going over 60 mph. We slept 4 in the TT and 2 more in the canopy on the TV. The frig worked perfectly too. The outside awning lights were very nice for evening sitting around the camp table. I am very pleased with this RV.
Ram2500 diesel/FR251rks
Old 08-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #10

Most excellent thanks for the update.
JimB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB47 View Post
Most excellent thanks for the update.

Great post thanks for the update. We are heading to stay at the Buffalo state Park in Arkansas to camp and float the Buffalo river for 4 days. I am looking forward to see how my new ram 2500 pulls my camper.
I did have the ram 1500 with the eco diesel. We upgraded because we are wanting to take the camper to Yellowstone next year. I will get to try out my inverter. I think I will add one more battery. That would give me 315AHs.

Tags
surveyor