Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #1

Any problems/reviews of Surveyor Select sv 305?

Just bough a used Surveyor sv 305, is a 2013, the previous owner upgraded to a motorhome, so we got his tt, I think he used it for less than 10 months. We just camped for couples of nights and so far is all good, so I hope to enjoy it with my family for many years. Anything that will help us with the camper will be greatly appreciated. Is our first Forest River.
Thanks in advanced for your input.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #2

We have the same trailer and we love ours. Initially we had a few problems with ours but all the bugs should be taken care of by now on yours by the previous owner. 1 thing I will tell you is, under the counter top of the outside kitchen is a ball valve on the sewer line. On occasion this has stuck open and we have had sewer smell come into the trailer. It usually happens after I dump the sewer tank which opens the ball valve then the wife will drain the kitchen sink and the if the outdoor kitchen is open, it enters the trailer through the bathroom quite quickly. I had the RV dealer change this out when we were there last. It is common for these to stick open and quite a few of the manufacturers are using these now.

If you pull out the drawers in the outside kitchen you will see a T in the line from the sink. This is where it is located. You can also see how easily it can blow through to the bathroom. The bathroom fan works great to get rid of the smell.

Todd

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #3

infatable bed supports

when you pull out the counch/front bed and the bunkroom rear bed. these are both used for the inflatable beds. you will see a series of long web straps running the length of the beds. the straps run around a 1x2 support that runs across the head of the bed,(nearest the outside wall) these are only stapled to hold it to another 1x2. needless to say they both pulled out and had to be screwed and glued so the would keep the web straps from sagging. check these out and just pre drill holes and then screw about 8-10 wood screws to hold the 1x2's together. I posted a pic of what the staples look like when they are pulled out . easy fix . other then minor stuff the 305 is a very big trailer loaded with a lot of comfort. good luck looking for an internal water filter under the bathroom sink. there ain't one . stopped in 2013 model.

good luck with yours.

gene gleason
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #4

btw be very careful backing this trailer up an inclined driveway. it will start dragging real quick on the rear stabilizers.

gene
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #5

Thank you guys!
1) Checked the outside kitchen and did not see a ball valve yet, or at least to my knowledge. (lol) I will check again this weekend, i did see a T pvc pipe, with a 'vent/screw cap' type in one end, don't know much about Rv systems, but will figure it out as I go.

2) Don't like the air bed/sofa at all, lots of staples all over, and the air mattress got puncture already. May get a futon for the bunk area if I can convince my wife. Had to hammer down all of the staples around the sofa, will add black duck tape covering all the staples if I stay with it.

Blessings,
John & Lilly
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #6

The T with the screw cap on the end is it. Will have to screw down the straps on my air beds as well, haven't got to that yet

Todd
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #7

Smile opened up our 305

we started opening the 305 yesterday, all systems good to go. dealer fixed everything on the warranty list. all I have to do is screw and glue the rear bed frame. dealer wouldn't do because it wasn't broke, but its an easy fix. spent Saturday nite alone and propane ran out it was pretty chilly. thought I was back sleeping in the old m-60a1 tanks without a heater. should have checked better but I turned on the stove and had flame. overall it came out of hibernation with an A. going back down today to finish up.

gene gleason
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #8

Ok, this weekend was our 3rd trip in a month and a half since we bought the camper. We are the second owners, so far it is all good. But, and a big one that is,
the bunk room sofa got to go, buying a futon next week. I don't like the hassle of breaking down the sofa, moving the back cushions and look for a place to store them, inflate the mattress and making the bed. With a futon is just one step.
The 26" tv in the living room was too small, so we got a 32" that works great, kids got the 'old tv' in the bunk room. We like the big table and the ottoman, but, at night watching tv it takes too much space, well at least for us. Maybe a foldable table will work better?

Need another electrical outlet for the kitchen counter.

The extend a shower works great, the shower was a little bit small for me. Lol

Will let you know how it goes with the sofa upgrade.

Blessings,

John
http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

The sofa/air bed in the 305 wasn't working for us, so it's out.

Tomorrow will be adding a new futon sofa. Way easier to set up at night.

So far the surveyor has been great.

Thanks God!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130504_211301.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	29608  
Old 06-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #10

Well, thanks to God, we have used our Surveyor for 16 nights since we got it, March 22 so far with no problems. We usually camp one weekend a month, but we been camping a lot. (Almost every other weekend, you know we needed to try the camper) my kids love that but don't ask DW, anyway, our camper is now ready, for the summer with all the mods and "camping test"lol. Going to Myrtle Beach Pirateland for the 4 of July. Really like our Surveyor 305!
Happy camping to all!