Old 10-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #11

Will do.

Thanks

Old 10-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #12

Well, i found out that our water heater has both electric and gas heating element. Since I was only getting 3 min hot water showers, the next trip out I will try electric heater along with the gas.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:52 AM   #13

Ya, when we took our trailer out on its maiden voyage I didn't realize that the water heater had a switch on the tank for electric mode. We were dry camping and when I hooked up the generator to charge the batteries it rev'd up like crazy. Took me a couple days to discover what was drawing so much current when I ran the generator. LOL. The little switch on the tank is easy to miss.

Another thing to check for not enough hot water is the outside shower. I read in another forum about a guy who didn't notice that the hot water for the outside shower was left on because his wife had turned it off with the lever on the shower head instead of at the fixture. It took a few trips with hot water in short supply before he discovered some dripping. Once he shut it off at the knobs, his hot water problems went away. Might be worth a check.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #14

That little switch on the outside water heater is a bugger to find! I just turn mine off and on at the breaker panel.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

We have a 240SP and have not had any significant problems other than minor screws not being tight. We were fortunate that the dealer went over every part of the unit to make sure everything worked and couple of minor problems were fixed before we picked it up. Although this is our 6 th year and 2nd RV we still fell like we are new to the experience. From reading other post it seems like along about 2012 the manufacturer made some major quality control changes that improved quality, although you will always have issues because of the human condition. Good luck with your unit and happy camping.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore View Post
We have a 240SP and have not had any significant problems other than minor screws not being tight. We were fortunate that the dealer went over every part of the unit to make sure everything worked and couple of minor problems were fixed before we picked it up...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
It's good to hear some success stories. :-) To be honest, I was expecting a few little tweaks here and there with a brand new trailer so I'm not too frustrated...yet. Most of the issues have been minor. Some problems I just fixed myself. I must admit that the issues that are out of my control are a little frustrating because getting things done (through the dealer) feels like it takes FOREVER.

It has been 5 weeks now waiting for a replacement TV, a replacement cushion, a replacement dinette table, and some sink strainers. We are able to use the trailer just fine but it seems like the channel through the dealer to the manufacturer is crazy slow.

It will be interesting to see how long it actually takes to get the items swapped out. I'm documenting everything and plan to share my experiences (both good and bad) with the dealer and Forest River. The motivation is to help build better communication and service channels, not to simply vent.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #17

I have been waiting on a cushion now for 7 months, The table has been since July, I am willing to bet I will have to result to having a lawyer get in contact with some one to get the table correct or the cushion. On that note, does any know if Forrest River has an associate that gets on the boards we can talk to?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by philscobra View Post
I have been waiting on a cushion now for 7 months, The table has been since July, I am willing to bet I will have to result to having a lawyer get in contact with some one to get the table correct or the cushion. On that note, does any know if Forrest River has an associate that gets on the boards we can talk to?
OUCH!! Man, that is REALLY bad. 7 months! I've got giant pit in my stomach right now!

You might already have these but below is a link to the FR plant in Oregon where they manufacturer Surveyors here in the west. I had a question about our table and sent my response via their online form, they responded within a day. Maybe they can help you find some resolutions. There are also some names and actual phone numbers too:

Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #19

Well, We went to the beach for Halloween, Found out the day before we were to leave that the Fridge was not working again!!! This time it would come on, but not cool down. Then all of a sudden it started to work. The would not work anymore. We tried it for two nights, one night on gas only, did not work, the second on electric, still would not come on. I am so tired of having something not work on every trip! This is getting old.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by philscobra View Post
...I am so tired of having something not work on every trip! This is getting old.
I definitely feel ya philscobra! I'm starting to lose some of my earlier optimism regarding Camping World Meridian. My experience for the last 3 weeks has been straining our relationship

Current update:

Forest River has approved and is replacing the TV, dinette table, dinette cushion, and sink strainers. These were the original issues we discovered and reported mid-September after our maiden voyage. I found out after calling Forest River (about our POPPING floor issue) that these items were submitted mid-October by Camping World and then approved by Forest River 1 week later. We are supposed have these items resolved by the end of November. We'll see.

Meantime, I called and chatted with Jessica in the Warranty department at the Forest River Surveyor plant regarding our ongoing floor fix dilemma.

I was impressed that Forest River called me almost immediately after leaving a message and that they took some initiative in trying to contact the service department at Camping World. However, after 2 weeks, Camping World and Forest River are still playing phone tag. This is just ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

I must have CONTACT KARMA because I have managed to contact and speak to both parties multiple times, BUT they can't seem to make contact with each other even once.

I've resorted to the 'squeaky wheel' strategy, constantly peppering them with calls and messages while trying to remain polite, optimistic, and appreciative. I'll let you know how well it turns out.

Tags
surveyor