Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #21

Can you PM the # at Forest River?

Thanks
philscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by philscobra View Post
Can you PM the # at Forest River?

Thanks
Sorry for late reply:
Forest River Surveyor/Rpod Warranty
Jessica ext. 208
574-642-3119
Renderspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #23

Tried to PM. Phone app didn't let me.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #24

I received it both times.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #25

I figured I'd give an update on our experiences as a Forest River Surveyor 240RBS owner. What follows is not meant as a gripe session. Rather, I just want to share my experiences, both good and bad.

I started this thread in September 2015 after purchasing a brand new 2016 Surveyor. We were able to take it out a few times and discovered a few issues that I listed in some of my early posts. Some of the items on the list were relatively minor and fixed by Camping World immediately. Others required replacement parts (TV, dinette table, dinette cushion, missing sink stoppers).

Today is Novermber 19th, a little over 2 1/2 months since our purchase. According to our dealer (Camping World Meridian, ID) the final replacement parts have been received and installed. So, it took 2 months for Camping World to submit the claims to Forest River and for Forest River to approve the claims, remake/replace the requested parts, ship them back to Camping World, and finally for Camping World to install the new parts.

One thing I learned is that, especially when dealing with Camping World, you really do have to continually pepper them with phone calls and drop-in visits to keep things moving. Even then, things move painfully slow.

We now only have one remaining issue with our trailer (that we are aware of) and unfortunately, it is an issue that has required ongoing communication between Forest River (who has been prompt in returning calls) and Camping World (who seems to be overwhelmed and a bit unorganized).

The remaining issue has to do with an area of the floor that might be delaminating. The location is directly over a bolt location for the outside step. Rather than write too much and too long. Here is a link to a video that I posted on youtube for Jessica @ Forest River.

https://youtu.be/iwB5AqJ6kSE

Based on this video, Forest River is having Camping World install 'outriggers' on the step mount locations. Hopefully this will do the trick. It will be interesting to see how this final issue of my original repair list gets resolved.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #26

Have you checked the table to make sure it fits good and if so can you send me the dimensions so I can give it to my camping center and have them order the same size? I called Forest River and they have all my information on the cushing and is waiting on the vendor. The table is still wrong. Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #27

By the way, I love the sox in the video.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Have you checked the table to make sure it fits good and if so can you send me the dimensions so I can give it to my camping center and have them order the same size? Thanks
I haven' t been able to verify yet because the dealer is installing outriggers on the steps. I'm taking them at their word and will let you know as soon as I can.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #29

Table has Arrived...Cushion M.I.A.

Well, I was finally able to go check out the fixes for our trailer and most of it is good:

The dinette table was replaced and now fits nicely when dropped down to use as a table.

The TV was replaced

The sink now has stopper/strainers

BUT, the dinette cushion was missing. I had spoken to the warranty rep from Forest River and the cushion was shipped and had been received by Camping World Meridian on 11/2....???

SO, it looks like Camping World has misplaced it.

philscobra, if you suddenly end up with a new cushion, let me know. Chances are they gave you mine.

They are supposed to be looking into it. Right......
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #30

Good, deal, I spoke with my dealer about our table. They say they are getting one specially made! LOL I will wait and see.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Also we just so happen to get a new cushion this week. Just kidding. We have not seen anything.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #31

Quote:
...I spoke with my dealer about our table. They say they are getting one specially made! LOL I will wait and see...
Good! The specially made table we received fits perfect. I think I will still add a low profile 'fold-down' support leg so that the table won't flip over when used as a bed. The table extends out into the kitchen a few inches further than the base cabinets that support it. If someone lays too close to that edge, he or she could flip it over and land on their katoookisss. There is a strap to hold things down, but I don't think I'd trust it with guests...unless it was my son in law.

Quote:
Also we just so happen to get a new cushion this week. Just kidding. We have not seen anything.
Good to know! Nothing would make me happier than letting you have my cushion. You've been waiting longer and I just wouldn't feel right enjoying the soft goodness knowing the 'lumpy' nature of your current situation.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #32

Another Surveyor owner here.

My wife and I purchased our 2016 Surveyor 240RBS near the end of September 2015. We previously had a Forest River Shockwave that unfortunately got hail damage during a storm this past spring so to make a long story short... after loosing a summer of camping due to lengthy back and forth discussion with the insurance company this was what we replaced our Shockwave with.

Upon taking possession of our Surveyor I did a thorough walk through and go through of the trailer as a result of our previous experience with our Shockwave. I did find a few minor things, but nothing major. We wanted to get one weekend of camping in before taking it back to the dealer to be winterized then parking the trailer for the winter so I decided I would make a list of things I wanted addressed, and found a couple more things while it was on its maiden voyage.

Here's what I found:

- Window seal on front window was too small for window (the vertical strip in the middle of the window)

- There were gaps between the frame and the corigated plastic sealing off the underbelly of the trailer (didn't want any critters getting in)

- Counter top and sink in outdoor kitchen scratched/nicked most likely from install of fridge. (Dealer replaced the countertop and sink )

- I found water on the floor of the trailer after bringing in the slide a day after a very slight mist/rain. (rear seal on slide was not sealing)

- I found water under bathroom closet and under slide (result of kitchen faucet hose fitting coming loose)

- Water would barely come out of shower faucet (I removed the faucet and found a ton of blue and red plastic filings in the screen of the faucet from the water lines).

I dropped the trailer off to the dealer to winterize the trailer and address these warranty issues on September 29, 2015 after owning it for one week. I finally picked up our trailer yesterday afternoon... December 8, 2015 ... 71 DAYS AFTER I DROPPED IT OFF. They were continually giving me the run around, and their biggest excuse is that they were waiting for the seal for the front window. They seemed like I was out of place or doing something wrong when I would call to get the status of our trailer every other week. Not once did I receive a call from the dealership to keep us informed. Very frustrating, but overall we really like the layout and the features of the trailer so a fun season of camping with hopefully no more surprises or issues next summer will make up for these inconveniences.

I actually just went out to our trailer to see if our linoleum is lifting at all by the door and sure enough it is. Not nearly as noticeable as what is posted in the video that was previously provided, but definitely lifting.
SHOCKWAVEJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #33

My cushion showed up (or another one did)

SHOCKWAVEJON - I feel your pain. While these types of new RV shakedown issues seem common by the majority of RV purchasers, I've found a little comfort realizing that I'm not alone and that over time and with a LOT of patience, things tend to get worked out in the end. I hope all goes well with your trailer this coming season.

Our current status...lo and behold, I finally received a call on Friday January 15th from my service rep @ Camping World and it appears that Forest River came through with a 2nd replacement cushion and some 'outriggers' that will hopefully take care of our floor 'popping' issue.

So, I dropped the trailer off on Monday the 18th and am hopeful that all of our original warranty repair list items will be resolved in the very near future. It's only taken 5 months but I'm determined to remain optimistic about our purchase...otherwise I will feel ripped off and sick.

I'm really looking forward to putting this RV through it's paces this coming season. From reading the posts from this and other RV communities, I'm sure there will be future issues, but I'm looking forward to start things off this season with a clean slate.

_m
Old 01-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #34

Popping Floor Update...Oh boy.

I apologize in advance for the length and detail in this post. I just wanted to provide enough information so that if anyone else has a similar issue, they can benefit from my journey.

I picked up the trailer on January 25th after 'Outriggers' were installed by Camping World. I must say that Camping World was prompt with the installation and the installation looks really good.

The bad news is that the 'Outriggers' did NOT fix the floor popping problem. Both the Camping World service department and myself were skeptical that the 'fix' prescribed by Forest River engineers would actually take care of the issue. Sadly, we were correct.

I'm pretty sure that the issue has more to do with the linoleum and how it is glued to the floor. When it's hot outside the floor pops MUCH worse than when it's cold, this tells me that there is an expansion issue involved.

Forest River said that the linoleum was NOT supposed to be glued down so that it could 'float'. I discovered however, by taking off the door foot plate, that the linoleum IS glued down solid to the sub floor underneath the door plate. That means that if the linoleum expands, it could bubble up between the door and whatever else has it anchored down, in this case, the entertainment center/bedroom wall. This is exactly where the pop is found.

It will be interesting to see what Forest River's next method will be to fix the issue. Part of me wants to carefully pry up the glued linoleum underneath the door plate and then inject some adhesive into the affected area and weight it down. But, before I do that, I want to make sure there isn't a deeper floor lamination issue going on that can only be addressed by the manufacturer.

Anyway, there you have it.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #35

New to us 2014 240RBS

We just got a 2014 240RBS. Only had it out once, but really like it. Since it came used, we weren't too freaked out by some of the smaller issues it had. The rear stabilizers have had a hard life. One's loose in it's bracket (but works fine) and the other one was missing (dealer gave me a replacement for it). The replacement was just too wide that I couldn't use the existing bracket. But I was able to attach it myself to the frame without too much trouble. The dinette cushions were a disaster though. Stains all over the place. ""? My wife's working on making new ones for us. There's a scratch on the passenger side (probably from a tree or bush) and the antenna looks like it grabbed a tree branch at some time. It's a little bent up, on the forward end of it. The mattress is impossible. Hard as a rock. We're going to try putting a layer of foam on top and see if that helps. My wife really likes the low profile of the kitchen. We noticed when we were shopping that the microwaves are lower if they're part of the slide out. She couldn't reach them if they weren't.

Overall, it seems well built and should give us some good times
Mike05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05 View Post
Overall, it seems well built and should give us some good times
Hey MIKE05, glad you like your 'new to you' Surveyor. I REALLY like ours as well. Pulls great, great layout, nice interior, etc...

The floor issue we have been dealing with has been a downer tho. The snafu of getting it fixed and the messiness of having our dealer and Forest River work with each other has been ping-ponging for over 5 months. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon and I can put the whole mess behind us.

Congrats on your trailer!
Old 02-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #37

Any Surveyor 240RBS owners out there?

We have an SP240, but love the Surveyor in general. Enjoy!
leateix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #38

Quick Update On Floor

So, the outriggers (pictured below) didn't stop the floor popping problem. I took the trailer back to the dealer after they had talked to the warranty wrangler at Forest River.

Next steps are to pull up the flooring at the door jam (again) and jack-up the floor in the area where the "pops" occur to see if it's a lamination issue with the luan panels or something else.

6 months so far in trying to resolve this. Seems SOOO silly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outrigger_1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	100230  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #39

Quick Update On Floor Issue

Well, after 7 months of trying to fix the flooring issue through our dealer (Camping World Meridian ID), Forest River has picked up our trailer and returned it to the Factory in Oregon to fix the issue.

I am pleased that FR is doing their best to fix the problem but I do feel pretty low about having purchased a brand new trailer and then going through all of the hassle and frustration.

We purchased with high expectations tempered with the understanding that there would be issues with the normal shakedown discoveries. We just didn't think it would be such a draining process.

Anyway, we hope it will be a simple fix and that we can soon get on with lots of camping joy.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:31 PM   #40

Renderspud, I feel so bad for you. I thought we were having issues. But on a good note we did receive our cushion. It was not the exact same form but the material match, so we are keeping it.

Our table is suppose to be here this weekend so if we get that and it fits we will be set for our first outing of the season the next weekend over Easter.

I will let you know how it goes.

Tags
surveyor