Jessica ext. 208
574-642-3119

Old 11-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #23

Tried to PM. Phone app didn't let me.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #24

I received it both times.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #25

I figured I'd give an update on our experiences as a Forest River Surveyor 240RBS owner. What follows is not meant as a gripe session. Rather, I just want to share my experiences, both good and bad.

I started this thread in September 2015 after purchasing a brand new 2016 Surveyor. We were able to take it out a few times and discovered a few issues that I listed in some of my early posts. Some of the items on the list were relatively minor and fixed by Camping World immediately. Others required replacement parts (TV, dinette table, dinette cushion, missing sink stoppers).

Today is Novermber 19th, a little over 2 1/2 months since our purchase. According to our dealer (Camping World Meridian, ID) the final replacement parts have been received and installed. So, it took 2 months for Camping World to submit the claims to Forest River and for Forest River to approve the claims, remake/replace the requested parts, ship them back to Camping World, and finally for Camping World to install the new parts.

One thing I learned is that, especially when dealing with Camping World, you really do have to continually pepper them with phone calls and drop-in visits to keep things moving. Even then, things move painfully slow.

We now only have one remaining issue with our trailer (that we are aware of) and unfortunately, it is an issue that has required ongoing communication between Forest River (who has been prompt in returning calls) and Camping World (who seems to be overwhelmed and a bit unorganized).

The remaining issue has to do with an area of the floor that might be delaminating. The location is directly over a bolt location for the outside step. Rather than write too much and too long. Here is a link to a video that I posted on youtube for Jessica @ Forest River.

https://youtu.be/iwB5AqJ6kSE

Based on this video, Forest River is having Camping World install 'outriggers' on the step mount locations. Hopefully this will do the trick. It will be interesting to see how this final issue of my original repair list gets resolved.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #26

Have you checked the table to make sure it fits good and if so can you send me the dimensions so I can give it to my camping center and have them order the same size? I called Forest River and they have all my information on the cushing and is waiting on the vendor. The table is still wrong. Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #27

By the way, I love the sox in the video.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by philscobra View Post
Have you checked the table to make sure it fits good and if so can you send me the dimensions so I can give it to my camping center and have them order the same size? Thanks
I haven' t been able to verify yet because the dealer is installing outriggers on the steps. I'm taking them at their word and will let you know as soon as I can.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #29

Table has Arrived...Cushion M.I.A.

Well, I was finally able to go check out the fixes for our trailer and most of it is good:

The dinette table was replaced and now fits nicely when dropped down to use as a table.

The TV was replaced

The sink now has stopper/strainers

BUT, the dinette cushion was missing. I had spoken to the warranty rep from Forest River and the cushion was shipped and had been received by Camping World Meridian on 11/2....???

SO, it looks like Camping World has misplaced it.

philscobra, if you suddenly end up with a new cushion, let me know. Chances are they gave you mine.

They are supposed to be looking into it. Right......
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #30

Good, deal, I spoke with my dealer about our table. They say they are getting one specially made! LOL I will wait and see.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Also we just so happen to get a new cushion this week. Just kidding. We have not seen anything.

Tags
surveyor