Old 04-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #51

Bravo!

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #52

Bike Rack Mod for Surveyor 240RBS

After reading and seeing some of the catastrophes of mounting bike racks to the rear bumper of trailers, I decided to fabricate a removable hitch mount for our bike rack that sits above the battery boxes and propane tanks. Here's some pics prior to painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack_1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	106825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack_2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	106826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack_3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	106827  

Old 05-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #53

I am beyond mad at my dealer right now. They said my unit was ready.

They had my unit for 4.5 months. I'm finding items they didn't fix that they said they fixed. About the only items they worked on was the shower door and the dinette table being too small (they just extended the supports).

Even when I picked up my camper the LED awning lights didn't work. The work order showed that was fixed. I watched them fix it right there in front of me. BTW there is a fuse behind the switch if your lights go completely out.

I noticed it didn't have a license plate tag. The tabs on the plate holder were broken. I found the tag inside. So, they are the ones that put the tag inside, but while unit was under warranty hey lets not replace the tag holder that's obviously broken. So, I watched them replace the tag holder with a metal one.

Now the items that really pissed me off. I have a tear in my slide out wiper from the screw heads on the slide out sticking out too far tearing the seal. Well It was dark on the slide out side of the shop when I looked at the unit and didn't notice it was still torn after the paperwork said all that was replaced. I had leaks around the slide out coming in from the schwintek rails and it said that both seals would be replaced. Well all they did was dab some black caulk on the schwintek rails and call it good.

There is a spot on the front vent where a bird had eaten a hole in the caulk. Well instead of spot sealing the hole with new caulk they just pushed the old caulk around the edges to fill the hole.

On the front hitch lights the chrome was flaking off taking the caulking with it. Well, they replaced the chrome light ring, but didn't even caulk it back.

Hell I could have done all these half ass repairs myself. I'm debating whether to go back to the dealer or just go straight to Forest River Corporate about this. I'm not going to wait another 4.5 months for this to get worked out. I can see the remaining items only taking a day of labor.

I have pictures off all this to show before and after. I'll get them ready and post them.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #54

Sorry for your troubles memsu, that stuff is SOOO frustrating.

Sounds like your dealer is charging FR for service that they aren't delivering. I'd definitely be in contact with the FR warranty dept. and blow the whistle.

Hope things get resolved quickly!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:51 PM   #55

Called dealer and told them they didn't fix everything and I'm bringing it in on Friday and they have to have it ready the next Friday. They said they can make that happen. So, guess we will find out.

Here are some more pictures I took of my water leak coming in from the Schwintek rails. I'm handing this to the dealer on Friday as well. They already had pictures of leak along Schwintek rail, but didn't see the issue, lol. Documentation is gonna be key if this thing leaks again. I can at least prove to Forest River I did my due diligence under warranty. My dealer couldn't find the issue with the Schwintek rails not being level. My rails are canted in towards trailer providing a path for water to flow into camper along rails.

Leak From Top Schwintek Rail

Picture of Level Placed on Frame of Camper

Picture of Top Schwintek Rail That's not Level

Picture of Level on Top Rail Showing it's Not Level and Canted in Towards Trailer
Old 05-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by memsu View Post
...So, guess we will find out.
Sure hope all gets fixed correctly this time around? Camping season is upon us!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #57

Finished bike rack hitch mount over propane tanks and newly installed 12 volt power disconnect switch. Big outing in 2 weeks! Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, & Moab here we come!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463441826483.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	108064  
Old 06-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #58

Inverter

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a 2017 240 RBS, my question is, do you have to switch on the inverter? What does it power, the sales guy at Camping World knew less than I did about the TT!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #59

Not sure if the 17's are different but the inverter in our 2016 automatically turn on/off when plugging in to shore power.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #60

The inverter will charge the batteries and power all 12 volt fixtures/appliances including lights, furnace, fans, refrigerator controller, etc. It won't invert 12 volt for use with 110 appliances like air conditioner, refrigerator heat exchanger, or power outlets.

Tags
surveyor