Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #1

Anyone have a SV 235 KS?

Hi, I am new member considering a 235KS and wonder how it is working for you if you own one or know somebody who does.

Thanks,
Jim
openroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Welcome aboard!

No I don't have that trailer, but I bet someone will show up sooner or later and they'll have something to say about it. In the mean time, enjoy our forum!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:48 AM   #3

King Size

My understanding of the SV235KS is the slide out houses a king size bed. We purchased the non KS version of the 235 and that trailer is lighter than the KS version.
A sales rep told me that forest river wanted a slide out bed that the two people sleeping would not have to crawl over each other to get in and out of the bunk. With the KS, you sleep length wise with the length of the trailer and on the non ks you sleep across the width of the trailer and so the one person sleeping on the outside would have to crawl over the person sleeping close to the inside of the bunk. Other than that we have the same features of the KS.
We love our trailer! The build quality is excellent and all the features and size for a young family of 4 is perfect. The bunks in the front of the trailer allow our kids to have their own space out of the kitchen area and away from the rear bunk where the adults stay. Our trailer is under 5000 lbs and this is perfect for us and our TV.

Check out another message thread where I show pictures of a ladder I built for the front bunks.
Just added a flat screen 19 inch TV and will put some pictures up of that soon.
I will also say we were able to put our trailer in our back yard behind gates and we have been able to go out to the trailer everyday and spend the night in the back yard on the weekends. This may sound stupid, but there is something very magical kicking back and relaxing in your own camper even if its in the back yard.
Cyclicpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #4

where to put tv

i am considering purchasing the 235rs - love the ladder you installed. can you tell me where you installed the 19" flat screen tv? never mind - i just saw your post with it. looks great!
thanks.
sueinvenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #5

We have an 235KS on order,should be here in about four weeks. We can't wait to get it out.
wittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Well our 235RKS is sitting under a foot of snow. Brand new; never been used. Towed in home, parked it, waiting for spring if it ever comes.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
Travel Trailer Newbie

My wife and I just bought a new 235 RKS and we are very excited about it. This is our first trailer, purchased after 25 years of camping in tents. We both turn 40 this year and last summer, during a very rainy week of tenting in Algonquin Park (Canada) we deicided that it was time to get up off the ground.

We shopped our butts off. And I am convinced that the 235 RKS is an excellent unit and represents one of the very best available in this class and weight.

Here's hoping I am convinced correctly. Because we will be putting this unit to the test as we take our 4 and 6 year old boys camping in this unit as often as we possibly can this summer!
davincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #8

23rks

Hi- We are about to upgrade from a Rockwood Roo 19 hybrid to a Surveyor 23RKS. Our only concern is storage. We have 2 small children (3 and 7) and have become very efficient with packing, but are geting tired of shuffling totes around at bedtime and during setup. Our dealer has a 2008 Queen rear slide but we will pay the extra $ to order the King. My Question is .... Is the rear passthrough (under the rear slide) larger than, smaller than, or close to the size of the front passthrough on the queen. Our dealer does not have one to look at and we wont know until we get the trailer... ANY and ALL feedback would be appreciated...we do not have any one to ask for tips , advice , comments etc..Any additional comments on this trailer would be great..THX!!
danu615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #9

no passy throughy

On the 235RS Queen version, the rear compartment does not pass all the way across. The space is used by the slide mechs.
Cyclicpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor