Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Smile Anyone have a SV294?

We just bought an 09 SV294. I think this may be the first year for this model? We are newbies ready to take it out on our first trip. Any suggestions on the model or just RVing in general would be much appreciated!

Ok, I'll try.............

2009 SV294
07 Nissan Armada
1Husband and 3 kids
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #2

letsgorving,
Sorry I missed your first post back on the 8th.

Welcome to FRF.
Congrats on your new Surveyor SV294. Have a goob first trip and report back with pics.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #3

WE saw the SV294 at this years Montgomery RV show. I really liked the floor plan and and thought the general setup was a nice step up from our SV291. But we are VERY happy with our 291 and don't plan on trading anytime soon.
The main thing to remember is to relax, and take your time, That's why you bought your RV in the first place.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
We really liked the 291 as well, but went for the 294 due to our 3 kids. They would be fighting sharing the double bunk. Glad you're enjoying your 291, and we are SO looking forward to relaxing on our first trip!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #5

Bama said it take your time dont get in a hurry, relax . When you get to the campsite try figuring out a good set up routine,it will help making setting up easier and quicker when you do everything the same way everytime also makes it easier not to forget something and do the same when packing up and going home also.Most importantly enjoy the camper and have a great time
Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

There's a LOT of stuff to remember; and sometimes a specific sequence of events. It might be a good idea to create a list, in sequence, modify it as you learn, and use it until it is internalized. e.g. First two things once you are in place, 1) leveling blocks 2) chocks, etc. The same with pulling out. Reverse the list. And walk that trailer a second time after you think you are ready to pull out. That has saved me more than once. e.g. Once I forgot to raise one of the stabilizer arms for what ever reason; got distracted I guess. If I had pulled out, it would have bent and ruined that stabilizer. Just take your time, think it through, and double check. It saves accidents, damage, injury, etc. Best of luck and have fun.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #7

Sounds like a very good idea, to make a list and do things in order. We will definitely do that. I'm glad I joined this forum! THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #8

We just ordered a 294, has anyone had any problems with formaldihyde off-gassing, or any other issues? thanks
artie4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #9

Hello Artie,welcome to the forum.
The best thing you can do for the formaldihyde off gasing is air the trailer out. Open your roof vents as often as possible. And if you put the vent covers on you can leave them open. When we bought our SV291 in 2007 we opened all of th "crank out" windows about 1 inch and then opened the roof vents about the same amount for 2 weeks. Even when there was rain none came in the trailer and soon the strongest amount of the oder was gone. We have vent covers now and at least one vent stays open any time it is in storage.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #10

thanks for the info, i was concerned for the kids.
artie4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #11

The big "issue" with formildihyde and the Katrina trailers wasn't the amount of off gasing, it was education and and follow though.
FEMA put these trailer in the open SUN, in AUGUST,in Louisana,southern Mississippi, Alabama, and Texas and told the people to turn OFF the air conditioners and open the windows! At best the inside temps would have been in the upper 90s. How many elderly or families with small children would do that for very long? So the A/C came on and the Formaldihyde gas just circulated through the trailer day and night.

Tags
surveyor