Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #1

Anyone with 2011 Surveyor?????

My dealer is telling me that the brown/bronze propane tank cover is no longer offered. It looks "classy" in the photos and brochure and I want it. Its not a deal breaker but some of you may know how I feel?
Does anyone have a 2011 with the bronze/brown propane tank cover. I want ammo for my "discussion" with the dealer.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
I would rather be camping

My2011 Sv-291 has a white tank cover...I wanted the bronze /copper colored one also.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #3

When I bought my 2010 SP189 last December, they had already switched to the white tank covers.
doctort44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneowens1 View Post
My dealer is telling me that the brown/bronze propane tank cover is no longer offered. It looks "classy" in the photos and brochure and I want it. Its not a deal breaker but some of you may know how I feel?
Does anyone have a 2011 with the bronze/brown propane tank cover. I want ammo for my "discussion" with the dealer.
funny, I like the white cover better. The bronze covers on my trailer are starting to get white stress marks showing through. I wonder if the white covers are more durable?
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #5

Brown/bronze tank cover

Mine did have the brown/bronze propane cover. This was not the story over the phone but when I got there it was on the unit?????????? I like the color versus a white cover.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #6

We just bought the 2011...white cover which is my choice to begin with. Matches the trailer better in my opinion
madonafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #7

My 2010 SP186 came with the brown tank cover, which matches the wheel well trim. However, it did not have the hard matching spare tire cover. Despite the fact that all the models on my dealer's website were shown with the matching hard plastic spare tire cover, mine came with a flimsy white vinyl cover. The dealer wouldn't give in, and I ended up spending about $90 for the matching cover with the Surveyor "compass" on it, plus the mounting hardware. I think the coordinated colors look sort of classy because the decal graphics also have that same color in them.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
My 2010 SP186 came with the brown tank cover, which matches the wheel well trim. However, it did not have the hard matching spare tire cover. Despite the fact that all the models on my dealer's website were shown with the matching hard plastic spare tire cover, mine came with a flimsy white vinyl cover. The dealer wouldn't give in, and I ended up spending about $90 for the matching cover with the Surveyor "compass" on it, plus the mounting hardware. I think the coordinated colors look sort of classy because the decal graphics also have that same color in them.
We got a black cover with the store we bought it at name on it, but under the bed is the white cloth one. The thing that gets me is in all the you tubes the 189 HAS an outside shower. In fact up to 2010, but nothing on the 2011. When asked, the answer was they don't put one on the smaller trailers?! This was not a cheap trailer, I really think they could have continued to put the $69. external shower on. At any rate, we are going to do so.
The thing is, we bought our trailer sight unseen. We looked at the next model up and we were told it was the same. External shower AND the polar package. Neither are there for 2011.
Still like the trailer, but a little put off.
madonafly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor