Old 06-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #21

can also use RID-X (product used for folks with a septic tank) works on the same principle of the Happy camper product

Old 06-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #22

Our black tank dump gate is always closed. We have a black tank flush system which works well. After tank has been emptied we put 3 ounces Rid-X liquid for RV's and a gallon of water into the black tank. No problems ever.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #23

X2 on the water softener- I add Calgon liquid water softener and around 2 gallons of water to my empty tank before traveling to the campsite- makes the tank walls slippery and it all slides right out. You must however use lots of water as stated earlier to get the force of water rushing out. I don't use chemicals other than Calgon eiyher- no odors. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post
I would think with all the beer I drink while camping there would be enough liquids in there to keep things flowing! Diet? what color is it now?
My camping buddy ran a trailer rental for years. The stories of how renters returned black tanks are more than a security deposit could ever handle so I listen to his suggestions.

One thing he taught that seems to help a lot is we always run with a cup or two of cheap, 99 cent store dish soap and a gallon or so of water in the tank. Seems to help keep the brown stuff flowing. Also, always a chemical in the black. Often we skip the gray but always chemical in the black. When we bought our last tt, used the tank was bad. Dish soap and lots of liquid---- yeah I count the used beer in that --- along with long water flushing and always with a chemical and that tank was like new in a couple trips. Sensors even sorta worked on that Black tank too .
Old 06-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #25
chesbass

Smile Black tank flush

You should have one of these.

Camco RV Flexible Swivel Stik Stick Black Sewer Holding Tank Water Flush Clean | eBay

Old 06-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesba88 View Post
Just hate dragging a hose through the door and in to the coach so learned to rely on the soap, the chemical then back fill the tank by holding the poop hose above tank level and running water with the clean out water hose back in through the drain hose. Figure that at full flow a hose puts out 8 to 10 gallons a minute so timed it for three minutes when we had a 30 gal black tank and knew it would not overfill. Rinse out a couple times like that and tank is pretty clean. Hope the tank flush on the new TH works and eliminates that step, but still a good step when the hose at the dump station has no fitting on the end and you do not feel like dragging out your own hose at some of the really nasty dump stations.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Just hate dragging a hose through the door and in to the coach so learned to rely on the soap, the chemical then back fill the tank by holding the poop hose above tank level and running water with the clean out water hose back in through the drain hose. Figure that at full flow a hose puts out 8 to 10 gallons a minute so timed it for three minutes when we had a 30 gal black tank and knew it would not overfill. Rinse out a couple times like that and tank is pretty clean.......
Or you could get a Flush King.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F02-.../dp/B008O9DV78
Old 06-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
X2 on the flush king. I use it even with the tank rinser. No stinky!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #29

When you dump the tank does it come out really fast then trickle down?
I had the same issue, then I was checking the tank with a flashlight to see that it was cleaned out after flushing it. I saw a piece of black plastic the size of the cutout for the crapper. So, they cut the hole for the toilet and left the piece of plastic in the tank. I had the camper for 14 years and was never able to get the toilet out so I could remove that piece of plastic. My guess is you are having the same issue with your unit.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #30

Exactly! It comes out like a shot then pisses out. I'm going to look in with an inspection camera. Thanks

Tags
black, black tank, tank