Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Bought new sp 293 now what? Help

Will pick up 6/28. Chev. silverado 1500 4x4 crew tv. Going in with the idea of up grading tv if needed. Lots of time spent in tents from pup to wall temps - 20 to +120. No time spent in trailer any input on anything and everything would be appreciated. Is that general enough? Dealer wants to sell me a E-2 weight distributing hitch?
Options 2 fantastic fans - outside shower - power jack - brake control awning over slide Trident protection system? $841

2005 silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab sold bought 2008 f250 6.4l powerstroke 2010 Surveyor spt 293
pauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
You should have a WD hitch with sway control. I believe the E-2 has both. Use the search function to find other posts on this subject.

Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Congrats on the new rig. You will love the Fantastic Fans and the outside shower is great for prewashing dirty dogs or kids before then enter the rig.

One trick I have found accidentally with our Fantastic fans, if you have the screens that can be removed without tools (just pop out) you can easily rid your rig of most of the flying bugs after dark by popping out the screen, turning on the fan and turning on just one ceiling light near the fan, turn all other light off for a bit. The bugs being attracted to the light will be sucked out by the fan. Works really well.

Best advice I can give is don't expect everything to be perfect. New RVs rarely are trouble free. If you can do the work yourself to fix small problems it is much preferable to taking it to the dealer as the biggest complaint new owners have is that they take their rig into the dealer for service and their new rig is gone for weeks on end for something simple. Besides many times you can fix things better than the factory made it in the first place.

If something goes wrong, come here and use the search function at the top as most issues you can have go wrong with RVs has been covered here before. There is a lot of great info in the older posts.

Biggest advice, have fun learning about your new rig and enjoy it.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote