Old 10-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

Can't find anti-siphon valve

I have a 2012 Surveyor 264RK. I'm looking for the anti-siphon valve for the black tank flush. I found the air admittance valve under the bathroom sink and hoped to find anti-siphon there as well. It's not there. I don't see it under the kitchen sink or where the city water and black tank flush lines come inside of the trailer.
Does anyone know where it might be located? I just want to make sure it is still functioning properly.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
I have a 2012 Surveyor 264RK. I'm looking for the anti-siphon valve for the black tank flush. I found the air admittance valve under the bathroom sink and hoped to find anti-siphon there as well. It's not there. I don't see it under the kitchen sink or where the city water and black tank flush lines come inside of the trailer.
Does anyone know where it might be located? I just want to make sure it is still functioning properly.
I don't know if my Wildcat is like your trailer but my black tank flush vacuum breaker/check valve is in the wall behind my shower enclosure. I "assume" I can get to mine by removing the shower faucet. I can hear water running through it when I flush my black tank. When my flush line comes through the trailer's side wall, it goes straight up to the vacuum breaker. Wherever yours is, it's higher that the top edge of your toilet bowl.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #3

With the "Black Tank Flush" isn't there just the Check Valve right at the Hose Connection ? Mine is a straight shot to the tank after the Check Valve. It's pretty much the same Check Valve that's in my City Water Connection.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
With the "Black Tank Flush" isn't there just the Check Valve right at the Hose Connection ? Mine is a straight shot to the tank after the Check Valve. It's pretty much the same Check Valve that's in my City Water Connection.
As I understand it, the straight shot to sprayer head set-up is a user replumb from original - which we've heard about here. I thought they all (most) came from the factory with lines to/from a fixture like that show here ==> #4.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
As I understand it, the straight shot to sprayer head set-up is a user replumb from original - which we've heard about here. I thought they all (most) came from the factory with lines to/from a fixture like that show here ==> #4.
Gee thanks...now you have me curious about mine and I'm gonna retrace the line tomorrow. One more thing on my list. Gee...thanks again Dan.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Gee thanks...now you have me curious about mine and I'm gonna retrace the line tomorrow. One more thing on my list. Gee...thanks again Dan.
I had the need to get behind my water connection panel (coroplast) and found a line straight up from the black tank flush hose connection and out of sight. Then I saw another line coming down and going through the floor. I listened while doing a BT flush and heard it behind the shower surround and I could feel the vibrations. Here's hoping mine never fails. I'd rather have it in my bathroom cabinet than where it is.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I don't know if my Wildcat is like your trailer but my black tank flush vacuum breaker/check valve is in the wall behind my shower enclosure. I "assume" I can get to mine by removing the shower faucet. I can hear water running through it when I flush my black tank. When my flush line comes through the trailer's side wall, it goes straight up to the vacuum breaker. Wherever yours is, it's higher that the top edge of your toilet bowl.
Well that sounds like it's going to be much more work than looking under the sink!!! Like to know why they would put it there if they are so prone to fail. Seems like every time I use the tank flush I have water coming out of the bottom of the trailer when I pull out of camp space so that was my first thought to check.

If that's where it's at then I won't be using flush anymore. Back to the pooh wand
Old 10-14-2019, 07:19 AM   #8

In my 251rks it is in the upper left corner under the bathroom sink counter. The black hose connection on mine is in the left side of cabinet.
Has to be a certain height above connection into black tank.
Good luck finding.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #9
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You are looking for something like this...

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=53
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #10

Thanks. I'll look again under sink. I know what I'm looking for but just don't see it.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks. I'll look again under sink. I know what I'm looking for but just don't see it.
Unfortunately about the only way to find things like this is to start at a known point which in this case would be the black tank flush outside connection, and follow it through cabinets, behind concealment panels, and often up into weird voids hidden behind walls.

Things like this are often installed before the interior is finished, just like a stick-built house only with no requirement that they be accessible for later service.

As for failure of this valve, make sure to blow the flush line out with air and maybe pump some antifreeze through it using a hand winterizing pump so it doesn't freeze during the winter. Most plumbing failures are due to freeze damage rather than defective devices.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #12

Can't find anti-siphon valve.

Quote:

Bob213, If I understand you correctly, you found the "Air Admittance" valve under the bathroom sink but not the "anti-siphon valve". The picture that 5picker showed you is the standard plastic "combination" check valve and vacuum breaker used in almost all RV installations. If you have found the device that 5picker showed you, under the sink, you have found everything there is to be found. Some times it's hard to see this valve because of limited space under the sink. But if you see four hoses going up to the area of the sink faucet that's where this "combination" valve is. It's true that the valve is sometimes installed in a different place but usually it's under the sink so it's accessible. I just replaced mine with a brass check valve and a brass vacuum breaker. The check valve and vacuum breaker act in concert to make sure no "bad stuff" contaminates your rv plumbing or the parks water system if their pressure falls. This cheap piece of plastic crap is a very common source of RV Black Tank flush issues.
Good luck,
Jeff_S
Old 10-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #13

The air admittance valve is mounted on an ABS pipe. That I see. I'm going out again today or tomorrow to look again but the first look I did not see the valve 5picker posted.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:50 PM   #14

2nd look. Better lighting. Not there! Only two water lines under sink. Blue and red that go to faucet. Removed panel under sink....not there either.
Can't believe it's behind shower faucets. Just can't see how it could fit back there with the mixing valve. Guess it's time to take down the cloroplast (or however it's spelled) and look from the bottom.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #15

Just found this vacuum breaker yesterday while tracing a water leak, thought it might be domestic water but this makes more sense.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #16

Mine is actually in the room my toilet is behind the linin closet it is impossible to believe they put it there as if it fails it will get the wall behind the linin and pantry cabinet wet as well as the command center. I'm one day going to move it to the other side behind the shower stall so the only thing that can get wet would be the underbelly coroplast.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve