Originally Posted by mamentt
Is this trip even feasible in a TT this time of the year in SD?[/SIZE][/FONT]
Cold conditions camping is definitely doable. Here are some thoughts for you...
1) keep the camper ventilated when using the cook stove to heat water, etc. We run the vent over the stove and have the vent in the bathroom cracked. If the flame on the stove is on the vent is also on.
2) we run a supplemental CO2 detector
3) friction-type sway control can be less than useful on icy roads.
4) we use carpet runners to add a layer to the floor and keep the tootsies from getting cold
5) cold weather can really permeate the thin walls of the camper - we put thermarest pads between us and the headboard -- it creates another layer and some added warmth.
We plan on using the camper this Thanksgiving also -