Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #21

I have the same problem as the OP and I was planning on installing a cigarette lighter plug next to the bed connected to my dual batteries. I was going to suggest this to the OP but did I understand that even with no humidifier, the CPAP will drain the batteries in just one night?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
I have the same problem as the OP and I was planning on installing a cigarette lighter plug next to the bed connected to my dual batteries. I was going to suggest this to the OP but did I understand that even with no humidifier, the CPAP will drain the batteries in just one night?
It should not. I ran my S8 last year in my RV no humidifier (on the PSW inverter) but with one group 24 AGM battery, all night and still had 75% reserve capacity in the battery and that is with the fridge running and an ocassional light on so no, should not be an issue with on humidifier at all.

Keep in mind I had more draw all night than just the cpap machine.

I have a pair now so even the humidifier shouldn't be an issue.

M y fridge has cooling fans that run when it's thermostat is calling for cooling as well.

Myself, I'm more comfortable running my CPAP on a 110 volt inverter than straight 12 volt battery power in the RV, but thats just my preference and nothing else.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Easiest way would be to run an extension. Best way is to add ( or have tech add) an outlet next to bead. Be aware that running the CPAP without the humidifier option will extend the length of time that battery will support its use.
We are running 200 watts solar and 230 amps of battery and my humidifier running med/low does not put more than a small dent in the power. In old rig, initially I bought a big AGM BATTERY that I just put next to the bed. That protected the coach batteries. My 12 volt cord Came with a recepticle that had clips to connect directly to the battery. I would avoid tapping at a light fixture, unless you have no other option. Lights may not be wired heavily enough for a CPap and few things in life scare me, but a trailer fire, in my sleep is one.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #24

12v to 110v just to go back to 12v is horribly inefficient. That said, I've run a 2k inverter to charge 2 phones because a 12v outlet wasn't where I wanted to charge....
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
12v to 110v just to go back to 12v is horribly inefficient. That said, I've run a 2k inverter to charge 2 phones because a 12v outlet wasn't where I wanted to charge....
Yes 12 to 110 and back to 12 would be very inefficient. I have run both of my Cpap's in the Trailers the old one and the new. 200 watts of solar handled it easily for days. But my thought is WHAT CPAP knows not to let the humidifer run on 12v. Mine all ran/run 12 v pump and heater. Never been sure how much current it uses, only what it says on the tags. Tonight I think I will put an electric meter on it to see what it uses over night. I will report tomorrow if I can get that recorded.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote