Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #1

Post Delivery Inspection / Instruction Suggestions

Hello

I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions on what to watch for / ask about when I do my delivery inspection tomorrow. Some things come to mind: hitch properly adjusted; battery (electrical in general); water (plumbing in general); wheels (bearings?)...etc, etc.
Thanks!
2016251RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

On this forum somewhere is a PDI checklist.. I'm not sure where it is. But Welcome from Raleigh

SO whatca get??
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #3

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=182

http://changingears.com/rv-checklist...?sec-checklist
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #4

Get the checklist http://www.eaglecapowners.com/camper...Inspection.pdf,
Request the build sheet, request what is included in the packages. Most build sheets do not break the packages down. Do the PDI inspection before signing final papers just in case anything is not right. Ask for the info on the extended year warranty from Forest River. Shy away from the dealer offered extended warranty. Make sure they give you a hardcopy of every manual for everything in the unit.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #5
Always Learning

I like this one but it might be a little out of date (not sure, haven't looked at it in great detail):
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf

Just make sure to take a DVD and test out the entertainment system.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #6

Thanx! I had a couple of check-lists printed. . . should've refined my question to ask about particular "situations" to be aware of.... I'm set for a 0930 start, and I had anticipated it taking till noon. . . likely longer now that I think about it - with a road test included.
The tt is a 2016 Surveyor 251 RKS with factory "upgrade" packages.
2016251RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
Site Team

Do not accept the " just sign and take it now and you can bring it back later to have it fixed" Dealers are very busy this time of year and once you sign( They have your money) you have lost any leverage. Tell them I will be back to sign for it once it is fixed. Do not let your excitement cloud your good judgement.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #8

Be prepared to stay another day to get the things you find fixed, that can be fixed, without having to order parts. Bring some basic tools and a floor dolly if you have one. Overalls are a good idea and a flash light.

Took my GF and I six hours to complete ours. She took the inside and I took the exterior.

Make note of the tire mfg date. Mine were already a year old. Everything should go on a Repair Order and documented.

Dont let them rush you or charge you shop labor.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #9

I'm going to be watching this one. I have a 25ks on order.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #10

Congratulations! And, look forward to many enjoyable experiences. Take your time with the inspection. Assure that every system is fully operational. Be sure that you have all the operations and warrantee manuals and that you send in the ones required. The extended FR warrantee is a deal. The factory folks have always been very helpful. Dealer not so much.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #11

Smile Changing Gears Checklist

This "Changing Gears Checklist" that Fonzie recommended was fabulous! We have ordered a new Coachmen Leprechaun and this covers everything! Thanks, Fonzie!
If anybody has recently purchased this Coachmen, we would appreciate any extra tips. Not new to motor homes, but new to buying a brand new one!
Pat Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #12

I thought I did a deceit acceptance check/inspection. Didn't have a flashlight - piles of saw dust, couple of screws, butt connectors and most important large holes plugged with Great Stuff (1st winter a gray squirrel TT sat). Assumed the windows were sealed properly - whole back end was replaced Spring of 1st year. Didn't even run the awning all the way out and back. Anything that's supposed to run, light up, extend or cook for any period of should turned on (the refrigerator should be on and cold), then start acceptance inspection. Do the check lists to the letter.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #13

I told them to show me how to manually bring in the slides before I when to pick it up and they found the holes in the skirts were wrong and ordered replacements. Checked all the remotes and found the TV remote operated the fireplace and oven door was out of alignment and would not close. Everything was fixed without problems. This being our third trailer, the 2 hour walk through was worth the time. Like has been said before, take as much time as required. Big investment not to. Congratulations and enjoy.
2022 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RK
Retired Air Force
swmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #14

Look very closely for exterior damage, ours was strategically parked to hide some damage.
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:36 PM   #15

Update. Did the walk thru, signed the papers. Despite having a checklist, they controlled the pace and the instruction(s). The hitch and brake set up went well. I'd like maybe a little more aggressive braking, but will try it for a while and see. (Tenkosha P3 set on .5)
Unfortunately...upon arriving home and set up in driveway, issues presented. Internal water system (see other posting); pinched water lines in bathroom (2 - 90* crimps in one line !) - hole in floor by kitchen corner; sinks leak - at the basin/strainer joint, not at the connections. Several other "little" items being discovered. Appointment made to return trailer the end of the month for the "punch list" to be completed. . . likely need to leave trailer and call back for it. . . not the best start. sent request to F/R - Surveyor about finding a closer facility to do the work...nada. 80 mile trip(s) in my future, just to get it "right". I should have sent them a list of specific items I wanted / needed instruction on. . . my bad. They should've ensured that the basic systems functioned. . . life goes on.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016251RKS View Post
Update. Did the walk thru, signed the papers. Despite having a checklist, they controlled the pace and the instruction(s). The hitch and brake set up went well. I'd like maybe a little more aggressive braking, but will try it for a while and see. (Tenkosha P3 set on .5)
Unfortunately...upon arriving home and set up in driveway, issues presented. Internal water system (see other posting); pinched water lines in bathroom (2 - 90* crimps in one line !) - hole in floor by kitchen corner; sinks leak - at the basin/strainer joint, not at the connections. Several other "little" items being discovered. Appointment made to return trailer the end of the month for the "punch list" to be completed. . . likely need to leave trailer and call back for it. . . not the best start. sent request to F/R - Surveyor about finding a closer facility to do the work...nada. 80 mile trip(s) in my future, just to get it "right". I should have sent them a list of specific items I wanted / needed instruction on. . . my bad. They should've ensured that the basic systems functioned. . . life goes on.
Hello from Western Chatham County! What dealer did you use? When we bought the Puma I took the floor vents out and cleaned saw dust and fixed a few things myself, did not want to go back to the dealer for minor repairs. We are buying the Surveyor from the same dealer, we will see how it goes, the DW and I will be in tune this time to check and look at everything.

Enjoy the new TT. A good first trip would be Falls or Jordan Lake, close to home yet far enough away to get away from it all.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote