Old 03-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #1

External Low pressure Gas Grill connector

I'd like to put a quick disconnect on the low pressure gas line right behind the rear tire on my 2008 SV-291 Surveyor. I was sort of hoping that the correct fitting size would be listed in the Owners manual but I see that Forest river no longer posts owners manuals prior to 2015? Does anyone know the correct fitting size?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackseven View Post
I'd like to put a quick disconnect on the low pressure gas line right behind the rear tire on my 2008 SV-291 Surveyor. I was sort of hoping that the correct fitting size would be listed in the Owners manual but I see that Forest river no longer posts owners manuals prior to 2015? Does anyone know the correct fitting size?

To be fair, FR never posted the owners manuals before. The reason you don't see any from before 2015 is because they didn't start posting them until 2015.

Now, back to the question at hand, what do you mean by "the correct size fitting?"

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 03-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #3

Robot Check

There is a low pressure gas line right behind the rear tire that is meant to hook up to a LP Grill that was originally sold as an option from FR. I never got it, nor did I ever get the quick connect fitting that replaces the plug in the LP pipe. Although, as an oddity, it did come with the rails to hang the grill on the side of the camper. I'd like to add the quick connect and use it with a table top LP Grill. I *think* that the correct fitting is listed in that link but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #4

This certainly can be done . Look near the propane fittings at your hardware store. When buying a grill just remember to remove the regulator that come with it for you will never be able to get it lit. Been there done that .
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

I was able to finish the connection over the weekend. The missing part was a 3/8" Male Flare to 1/4" MPT union at home depot which can be had for about 2.50.

So total parts for the camper side:
Camco 59853 Quick disconnect (includes camco 59903 - this part goes on the grill end)
3/8" Male Tube Flare to 1/4" MPT union found at Home Depot for about 2.50
Camco 57282 Quick Disconnect hose

I used a Coleman Roadtrip grill on sale at Cabela's. The parts needed on that side:
Camco 59903 fitting (1/4" MPT x Full Flow Male)
1/8" MPT x 1/4" FPT union (also found at the local ACE Hardware)

The Union connects the coleman proprietary gas fitting to the Camco full flow male fitting and makes everything plug and play. You'll also need yellow high density gas thread tape.

Cooked a couple steaks on it this weekend and came out perfect. As much as I loved my little Weber charcoal grill, this is far more efficient to cook for a family of 6.

Thanks,
Hope this helps the next person!

Tags
gas, pressure