Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #11

I just had to pull mine in a Cherokee
It is located low in the corner of the kitchen.

It worked last spring although it seemed noisy but this fall it would blow a fuse a soon as I turned it on.

I was thinking the worse, control board or motor.

Turns out it was mud daubers. The nest may have been there since before I purchased the camper. It was in the gas side fan. A piece had broken off and Jammed the fan. I had to pull the whole heater to get to the fan.

The suburban I have is mounted by the intak-exhaust pipes and a few screws in the floor.

The gas connection is pretty conventional.

On mine, the wires were long enough to place the heater in the counter to work on it.

Squeezing my short dumpy self under the counter the disconnect everything was the hardest. I still have bruises.

I got it all back and it runs better than before, much more quite and heats up better.

My advice is take your time. My guess is it is not a gas supply issue.

Read the installation manual paying attention to the furnace start sequence.

Check the mechanical aspects first like the motor. Reach in and spin it with your fingers. It should spin freely (mine did not).

There are also ways to check the gas valve and airflow switch.

There are also ways to debug the boards during the start sequence. The manuals can tell you more.

I managed to find my issue at the spin the
Motor with your finger step and did not need to go deeper into other debugging steps.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #12

It sounds like your thermostat might be bad. Mine went on a 1 year old trailer. Hook the 2 blue wires on the furnace together, they are going to the thermostat. That will bypass the thermostat. If it works, then the thermostat is bad.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #13

Awesome board awesome people ! A lot of good advice ! I believe I will go check it out this weekend at the storage ! It has got to be something pretty simple !
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
Awesome board awesome people ! A lot of good advice ! I believe I will go check it out this weekend at the storage ! It has got to be something pretty simple !
Are you sure that the warranty is expired? The appliances sometimes have an extended or multi year warranty from the manufacturer.

I assume that you would need your original bill of sale and some pics. Look through the mess of booklets and papers that you got when you bought the trailer. It might be worth a try!

good luck,

shineysideup
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #15

Hmmmm, I have the bill of sale for the trailer ! I will go to the trailer tomorrow and check and see if the furnace has a longer than 2 year warranty ! I am sort of an organiztional freak and keep all the papers bills etc super duper organized ! if It has warranty I will be all over it ! never thought of this thanks for bringing it up !
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #16

Spent two hours trouble shooting today. I was lucky to find out that behind the rear door pack & play door it is called is a hidden access area. Opened it up and I had access to the wiring. The thermostat definitely works. When it is supposed to kick in both blue wires have power. I also jumped them as it is obvious that they are going to the thermostat with no results.

I guess this means either the blower motor is dead or the control circuitry is dead right ?

The fan turns freely without any resistance. I will take the furnace out in Spring and continue to troubleshoot and buy whatever is required to fix it then.

The warranty ran out in June Obviously I had a chance to but extended warranty from Suburban when I bought the trailer but I had no idea I could do that. So now it is between me and my wallet and the furnace

If there is anything else I should try, I am open to ideas .....
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #17

Hey Goomph. I bet if you took out the furnace, you will see an inline fuse there. Was one on mine. I just remembered that. Might be blown. Might be able to see it from the front, if it isn't hidden.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #18

When you say from front, you mean from the interior front where the only thing visible is the heater exchange elements ? There is nothing there ... I guess you mean the side which faces the outside of the trailer ? is there anyway I can see/reach it from the side of the heater where the cables are going in ? I hope you can describe where it the fuse is located with little bit more detail ?

I went through the trouble shoting guide, and in cases like mine the first action is to replace the starter relay for the motor, and if that fails to fix the problem, it goes directly to replace the motor. sigh .... The motor is 100 bucks on eBay ..
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #19

yep, u will have to remove the furnace, to see if there is a fuse in there. Do you have a wiring schematic, it might show a fuse. The fuse on mine, looking at it from the front (inside trailer) was at the rear on the right side
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #20

Your trailer is a 2011, is there no warrantee left on it?