Old 07-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
First proper TT

Hi All,
Bought a 2007 SV291 in great shape. Happy to move from pop up to TT.
Still learning about the TT right now. I let my son and his fam take it to ocean lakes over the 4th, no leaks during the storm. Last Thursday (7/3) was a bear... Wind and rain.
We are going to Springfield(Hartwell) Labor Day, should be fun.
Then to chimney rock 19 September.
I'm pulling with a '99 silverado z71 w/ 5.3l engine. Son said it struggled in the hills at newberry near cola sc, down to about 45mph.
I haven't checked weights, but that should be plenty of truck, right? Published weights of the TT are less than 5k, right? Towing cap of the truck are 7500? I'll go through the calculator tomorrow during the day.
Anyway, I'm a newbie at TT. Done a lot of pop up and tent camping, loved it all. Glad to join you all in the TT world.
Any older SV291 owners out there give a shout out.
Me an wifey are close to retirement, plan to do a lot of camping.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
53jimc is offline   Reply With Quote