Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

First real issue(SP220) - slide leak

After 14 or so trips this year we finally had our first real issue. We were at Hocking Hills State park over the weekend and had our first long rain. It went on for hours. We had seen hard rain before but not this long. Got up the next morning and saw water coming from the left (bathroom) side of the slide. I looked up under and could see it coming down the wall (our pump is in the same area so I wanted to rule it out). I should have dug deeper but instead I waited for the rain to end and did a visual inspection of the outside and found nothing. Everything appeared to be well sealed. I am thinking now it must be coming in the top and working its way down the side. I guess I will have to wait for it to rain again and this time take more apart on the inside.

The amount of water was not a lot. I would guess a quart?

Any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2

Tim: Do you think it could have been coming from the bath/shower fittings that are behind that wall? Of course, since this hard rain was the first time you've had the problem, I would guess that the rain was getting in somehow. Just wanted to toss out that idea as another possibility.

We were also in a non-stop hard rain for most of the day on Saturday in NC, but no leaks. However, I'm concerned that sooner or later we'll end up with the same issues.

I'll watch to see what others think, and I know you'll let us know when you get to the bottom of it. Sorry it happened.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #3

I am 99% sure. It really appeared to be coming from the wall and stopped when the rain did and never came back.

It was a rain of biblical proportions too.

I wish I would have took more apart. I really thought I would see something outside. Chalk one up to inexperience.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
I am 99% sure. It really appeared to be coming from the wall and stopped when the rain did and never came back.

It was a rain of biblical proportions too.

I wish I would have took more apart. I really thought I would see something outside. Chalk one up to inexperience.

"I wish I would have taken more apart..." Grammar police. Sorry. Former English teachers squirm at this type of mistake. Our language is beautiful. Why not make the effort to use it correctly? Hope you get the leak diagnosed in short order. Water in the TT is a bummer.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
"I wish I would have taken more apart..." Grammar police. Sorry. Former English teachers squirm at this type of mistake. Our language is beautiful. Why not make the effort to use it correctly? Hope you get the leak diagnosed in short order. Water in the TT is a bummer.
Why not make the effort to use good manners? As a former newspaper managing editor, I don't see the need to point out grammatical errors outside of a relevant professional setting. This is not the place.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #6

Quote:
I can't spell ether. I usually get the grammar correct but keep in mind that much of the communication on this board is not strictly spoken/written English. You yourself spoke in incomplete sentences. "Grammar police" is not a sentence. You also used icons which really have not place in proper English as well as an inappropriate abbreviation (TT). I also squirm at grammatical errors when they are found in appropriate venues but this is not one. The English language, like any other active language, is fluid. It does not stay the same. I know it is the job of English teachers to stem this tide but ultimately failure is inevitable. Only teaches of dead languages can hope for success in their endeavor. Time marches on and languages change. It's not too late to get on the bandwagon. Try using the word "aint" today. It might just make you feel better.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You might consider enrolling in a "Learning Good Manners" class now that you're retired from teaching.

Tags
leak, slide