Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #1

First Time out with 2017 251 RKS

Just returned from our first weekend out with our new trailer. Happy to report zero issues. Everything worked exactly as it should. This is the perfect trailer for my wife and I. We had a blast and look forward to many more.
glenush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #2

Good to hear - We had a few issues that we fixed ourselves.
DW liked our 251RKS because of the bedroom and its access to the bathroom. I liked the slide and extra space.
=============
Ram2500 diesel 4x4/Surveyor 251RKS
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post
Good to hear - We had a few issues that we fixed ourselves.
DW liked our 251RKS because of the bedroom and its access to the bathroom. I liked the slide and extra space.
=============
Ram2500 diesel 4x4/Surveyor 251RKS

We bought ours for the same reason. Like the bedroom separation. What were the issues you had so I can be on the lookout for them. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #4

glenush,
Our shower leaked at the base, and I have re-calked it twice. It seems to be holding ok now. We removed the door to the living area, and replaced it with a non-see-through curtain. We added lots of open containers in the kitchen to keep stuff from moving and breaking. I wrecked one of the front stabilizers, and carry two hand jacks for bad road trips. I have yet to take the TT back for any warranty work. I do park it inside.

Ram 2500 diesel 4x4/Surveyor 251RKS
Old 05-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
glenush,
Our shower leaked at the base, and I have re-calked it twice. It seems to be holding ok now. We removed the door to the living area, and replaced it with a non-see-through curtain. We added lots of open containers in the kitchen to keep stuff from moving and breaking. I wrecked one of the front stabilizers, and carry two hand jacks for bad road trips. I have yet to take the TT back for any warranty work. I do park it inside.

Ram 2500 diesel 4x4/Surveyor 251RKS

Thanks. We are heading out for our second trip next weekend and really looking forward to it.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #6

We love our 2017 251rks. We haven't been out yet this year. I added roof vent covers to all 3 vents. The one in the bathroom cover is a Fantastic brand. Works great. The Maxair II vent didn't fit that vent properly.
We love all the storage.
I may look to see what we can do to make the tri-fold bed more comfortable for friends. Plus slide out topper would be nice. It would help with rain noise.
Power monitor is high on my list. I just don't know if I want portable or hardwired. I have to see where l would install.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #7

Dusty,
I pulled the switch panel at the kitchen door and found a hot lead.
So I mounted a meter next to the switches.

Ram2500 diesel/Surveyor251RKS
Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Dusty,
I pulled the switch panel at the kitchen door and found a hot lead.
So I mounted a meter next to the switches.

Ram2500 diesel/Surveyor251RKS
I actually meant Progressive Industries EMS system. Which would be connected on power line coming into trailer.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:19 AM   #9

For the trifold sofa bed we added a full size foam pad and a mattress topper(both from walmart) and it helped a lot.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
We love our 2017 251rks. We haven't been out yet this year. I added roof vent covers to all 3 vents. The one in the bathroom cover is a Fantastic brand. Works great. The Maxair II vent didn't fit that vent properly.
We love all the storage.
I may look to see what we can do to make the tri-fold bed more comfortable for friends. Plus slide out topper would be nice. It would help with rain noise.
Power monitor is high on my list. I just don't know if I want portable or hardwired. I have to see where l would install.

Dusty, what exactly do the vent covers do, sorry first TT. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenush View Post
Dusty, what exactly do the vent covers do, sorry first TT. Thanks.
Went covers allow you to keep vents open in the rain. They will prevent UV rays from deteriorating your vents hatches. They are easy to install. Maxair requires drilling in vent sides. Fantastic vents require removing existing screws holding down the vents.
I prefer drilling holes in side of vents then removing existing screws and resealing vents holes. Only the Fantastic cover fit properly on a Fantastic power vent.
It is real easy to install either if you have a screw gun. Mark carefully. Test prior to doing any drilling. There are plenty of videos out there on how to install.
I installed the white covers I didn't want any more darkness in trailer.
Install them and you won't be sorry.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #12

Search this on Amazon for the vent cover that will work (i bought one for each of the three vents):
Maxxair 00-933073 MaxxAir II Smoke Vent Cover by Maxxair
Old 06-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living4Christ View Post
Search this on Amazon for the vent cover that will work (i bought one for each of the three vents):

Maxxair 00-933073 MaxxAir II Smoke Vent Cover by Maxxair

Awesome, thanks!