Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Flagstaff vs Surveyor

Asking the same question... both fourms

I have an opportunity to buy either a new Flagstaff 831 RLSS or a new Surveyor 302 for similar price (within $500).....any thoughts as to quality of one over the other?

Richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Head Rambler
While I can't specifically speak to the quality of the flagstaff, the Grand Surveyor we own has been relatively problem free. We only had one issue with a drain that I quickly fixed and the rest has just been regular maintenance items. I will say that I don't think you will go wrong with either unit.

I'd put a lot more weight in the floor plan and colors than the brand/model. I'd also weigh the best dealer into the equation. having said that ours has only been back to the dealer once for some minor issues found during the PDI.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Well, as you probably know they are basically brother and sister to each other. When I bought my Flagstaff, I compared the floorplan I have to the almost identical floorplan in the Surveyor and i just thought the Surveyor was a little plain on the inside. For example, no wallpaper border thru out the middle of the wall in the camper. It just looked cheaper in my opinion. You wont go wrong with either, just a matter of taste.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
We got the SV302 two years ago and are very pleased with it. A few minor issues fixed under warrantee, no problems with the fit and finish and we like the seperate shower and toilet

Donald6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Site Team
There was one big difference for us that tilted in favor of the Surveyor. It sits a LOT lower. Pushes less air when towed. Fits in our barn with a 10 1/2 ft high door. Check out the difference in height. Surveyor is 8' 6" at roof top; plus air conditioner. Most other trailers are a good 10' plus air conditioner.
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote