Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulligirl View Post
We would like to mount a TV. We have a Surveyor 235RKS. I love the idea of a swing arm. We want to mount the TV on the other wall, beside the sofa. I guess it would be close to the fridge. My husband doesn't think it will be possible, but if we find the studs, wouldn't we be OK? My husband is also fearful of drilling into the wall.....anywheres into the trailer. But, I see so many people who do it and make alot of modifications. Is it OK to add these things on?
Also, has anyone out there added storage to the area below the sofa?
Lookimg for any adice!1

joanne
Find the stud, and you should be OK.
I looked at removing the fabric kick panel and adding doors, but decided that there was not much space to gain. the heater, duct work, and wheel well take up a lot of the space.

We have the 235RS, on your 235KS, I thought there was an outside access storage door under the sofa. If the heater is here, you may not have much usable space.

MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #12

Has anyone figured out a way to mount an LCD in the space where the TV should be?

I've got a 22" samsung in there now but it would be nice to have it on a an adjustable arm (preferably X,Y,Z plane movement) similar to what they have at a medical office. Just looking for ideas.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.icwusa.com/images/product...RNB1-WM-MW.jpg

Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl4 View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to mount an LCD in the space where the TV should be?

I've got a 22" samsung in there now but it would be nice to have it on a an adjustable arm (preferably X,Y,Z plane movement) similar to what they have at a medical office. Just looking for ideas.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.icwusa.com/images/product...RNB1-WM-MW.jpg
I would go with an TV mount outside the provided tv cabinet. especially if you are putting in a flat panel, theres a lot of good storage space in that cabinet that will be lost. I did a removable wall mount above the dinet window and put a door on the tv cabinet, works out great
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
I would go with an TV mount outside the provided tv cabinet. especially if you are putting in a flat panel, theres a lot of good storage space in that cabinet that will be lost. I did a removable wall mount above the dinet window and put a door on the tv cabinet, works out great
Having looked at the space which would otherwise be wasted, I think the best mounting would be outside the cabinet as suggested. Now I'm just looking for a swing arm mount that will hide the wires at the same time while allowing for safe storage while traveling.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #15

I hid my wires and the PSII I use for a DVD Player/ Gaming in the cabinet. I used a residential rectangle 'mouse hole' that fits a house wall box to punch the wires out the side of the cabinet, closest to the wall and pull all the wires back into the cabinet when not in use.

Quote:
Having looked at the space which would otherwise be wasted, I think the best mounting would be outside the cabinet as suggested. Now I'm just looking for a swing arm mount that will hide the wires at the same time while allowing for safe storage while traveling.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #16

The picture hosting site I was using (Webshots) has gone away. Most of the pictures I had posted can be viewed by clicking on the photo bucket link in my signature.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #17

I thought I would update this thread since I mentioned I would add a way to mount my TV to the wall and still allow me to move it around for viewing. Well it came out better than I could have imagined. I first cut, sanded (routed edges), stained (Varathane Tuscan, comes in a tube) and then clear (satin polyurethane spray can) coated a piece of 1x6 maple. The board was cut to fit from the seat of the dinette all the way to the bottom of the TV cabinet (just to the left of the window). I then mounted the board to the wall with a glue (called No More Nails made by Lepage) and secured it with some long drywall screws (from the TV cabinet down into the board, drill pilot holes first). After that I let it dry for a day. Then I mounted the LCD arm to the maple board with wood screws. Finally I used (2) 60mm cable grommets to run the wiring from the LCD arm up into the TV cabinet area. Now I can see the TV from anywhere in the camper (kid's beds, couch, main bed, etc). I just bungee a piece of foam around the TV for travel.

Here's the one I used: Ergotron LX Wall Mount LCD Monitor Arm 45-243-026

Not cheap but man it works nice!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #18

Quote:
I thought I would update this thread since I mentioned I would add a way to mount my TV to the wall and still allow me to move it around for viewing. Well it came out better than I could have imagined. I first cut, sanded (routed edges), stained (Varathane Tuscan, comes in a tube) and then clear (satin polyurethane spray can) coated a piece of 1x6 maple. The board was cut to fit from the seat of the dinette all the way to the bottom of the TV cabinet (just to the left of the window). I then mounted the board to the wall with a glue (called No More Nails made by Lepage) and secured it with some long drywall screws (from the TV cabinet down into the board, drill pilot holes first). After that I let it dry for a day. Then I mounted the LCD arm to the maple board with wood screws. Finally I used (2) 60mm cable grommets to run the wiring from the LCD arm up into the TV cabinet area. Now I can see the TV from anywhere in the camper (kid's beds, couch, main bed, etc). I just bungee a piece of foam around the TV for travel.

Here's the one I used: Ergotron LX Wall Mount LCD Monitor Arm 45-243-026

Not cheap but man it works nice!!!!
Pictures, pictures!!! Worth a thousand words! Lets see them!

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD Guy View Post
The picture hosting site I was using (Webshots) has gone away. Most of the pictures I had posted can be viewed by clicking on the photo bucket link in my signature.
Chuck, your link doesn't work for me... Anyone else?

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineysideup View Post
Pictures, pictures!!! Worth a thousand words! Lets see them!

I agree but unfortunately I don't have any pics from when I did it and it's still covered for winter. Come spring I will try and post some for everyone and you guys can judge for yourself.

Tags
235rs, surveyor, tv mount