Old 03-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #21
As this thread demonstrates, there is a lot to be dissatisfied with in dealer customer service. I suspect this is true not only with Forest River dealers, but with the entire industry.
Trying to "force the issue" with dealers is usually a fool's game, although there are exceptions.
After a fair amount of experience with this issue, I have concluded that Forest River customer service (Coachmen division, in my case) tries to do their best, in a very difficult situation, especially if you establish a good personal relationship with them. Contact them to go to bat for you, if, as usual, your dealer is unhelpful or incompetent, or both. Don't expect perfect solutions.
For my part, I am eagerly awaiting the expiration of my one year warranty (sounds ridiculous) so that I can fix small things myself, and get an extended service contract so that I can bring it in to a repair shop of my choice who will welcome my business, rather than treat me like a disease.

jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #22
In my case the hot water heater burnt up and little did I know it would be a 2 1/2 month ordeal to get it fixed. First visit to the dealer was for evaluation. Three weeks later back to the dealer only to find out they ordered the wrong part. Three weeks again and I'm told they can't get the part, might be another 2 or 3 weeks. That was when I called the manufacturer. Amazing after they were involved Cw had the part in 2 days. In 6 Months it was TV, hot water heater, Microwave, window seal, awning motor and the air conditioning was starting to go. That's when we got rid of it.

redcloud1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
I've got a good dealer in Upper Michigan which helps the cause. But when things get slow for parts I tell my dealer to continue with the follow ups from Forest River. I also tell my dealer that I am calling Brian at Wildcat to push for the parts just in case it was "misplaced". I also talk to my dealer about touring the Wildcat plant and meeting the plant manger with conversations about their operations. If that doesn't get the dealers attention I tell them I have meet with some of the Forest River's key people at Goshen the past two years. All which I have done and yes the service from Forest River is great.
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #24
I bought a New Forest River Wildcat from Camping World in Meridian, ID. in August 2014, it has lots of problems and they have not been very helpful. It still has a furnace problem and I might have to tow it to Dallas, Oregon to get it fixed. Camping World likes to sell campers, but they don't like to stand behind the sale. I'm NOT a happy camper.
densal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #25
densal, that is where we bought ours.

I would say that my experience with Camping World in Meridian, Idaho is the worst experience I have ever had with a car or RV dealer. It is obvious no one there cares about their job and that there is no leadership. Our trailer had a small "lot ding" that needed repaired. We patiently waited a month for them to get it fixed, and then they called us and wanted us to pick it up right away so it would make their sales figures for the month look good. We were not able to do so, but arranged a delivery date. When we got there to take delivery, it was not ready, the paperwork was not ready, and no one seemed to know we were coming. On top of that, no one seemed to be in charge of the place. It was a mess. Then after the run around over the warranty replacement for a faucet sprayer, and I am done with Camping World.
Mad Dog 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #26
My experience with Camping World is its a good place to buy accessories but not good for anything more.
StoneyG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #27
I have an 03 Dodge Ram 1500, 1/2 ton pick up. When we started looking at Travel Trailers, CW kept trying to sell us huge 5th wheels. Scary! We ended up at great independent RV dealership and have been nothing but happy with the dealership and camper.

2013 Surveyor Sport 260
Buck1032 is offline   Reply With Quote

customer service, forest river, service