Old 09-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #1

FR/Surveyor warranty phone number/email address.

I did a search and found a few numbers but they were old numbers, I called people's homes

Does anyone have a current phone number/email address for Surveyor owners ?

My storage doors are leaking and I need to get the weather stripping thingie to redo them before rainy season really kicks in. My dealer is unfortunately asking for an inspection of the unit to bring it to Canadian standards (ehem) before they let the unit into their lot and I do not have the cash to do that right now, so I have to fix this myself. Yup, you get punished for buying in US Oh well, the savings and the fun was worth it I assume

Old 09-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #2

uh oh .. never mind that. I found a number got in touch with them and she said they won't send the weather stripping under warranty because I am not going through the dealer. This is quite contrary to what people have been saying on the forum, where FR was sending parts to users directly for them to fix things themselves.

I guess I have to find a FR dealer which has the part in stock and go and buy it from them.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
camping

are you calling the parts department people or the warranty manager for your unit? I work the warranty manager and he gives the ok to the parts department to send out the part.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #4

I asked for the warranty department and I was connected to a lady whose name I couldn't understand. she was pretty cold, told me that I shouldn't have purchased the unit in US as they were electrically wired differently, and that the gas connections were also different. So I could call the parts and pay for the parts I needed because she had no idea what I really needed as dealers send them pictures and I was just describing it. What part of weather stripping/gasget inside the storage door she did not understand I don't know.

As far as I am concerned, FR does not have a good warranty program.

I was told by the dealer that I should not plug my unit into any electricity pole in Canada as it does not have CSA approval, and what FR person told me sort of supports it. What happens when all Non Canadian sold FR unit owners need warranty work in canada, they need to get CSA approval to the tune of 400 dollars per unit ? And I see them plugging their RV's into the outlets at all campgrounds .... I guess the campgrounds are taking a HUGE rick because those RV's are all not built according to CSA standards.

I am very disappointed ...My next RV will definitely not be from Forest River. And I am not going to pay 8,000 dollars extra for the privilege of buying it from a Canadian dealer. What a nice way to rip off customers .....To be fair, FR dealers are not the only ones doing this. I will maintain my unit myself and be happy and keep my money.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #5

"wired differently"?

I guess all those traveling south had better carry Canadian built generators or thier RV's will burst into flames when they plug into a site in the states....

All you 'mericans better keep your death trap RV's out of Canada too!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #6

That is what the Forest River warranty lady told me .... Oh well, I will simply not camp in Canada with my US made for US land only RV Which makes me think, My generator is made in China, do I need to go there to turn it on or will it make my RV burst into flames if I plug it into the generator LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
"wired differently"?

I guess all those traveling south had better carry Canadian built generators or thier RV's will burst into flames when they plug into a site in the states....

All you 'mericans better keep your death trap RV's out of Canada too!

Tags
surveyor