Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

Fresh Water Tank

Hello folks,

Since I'm new to this TT Surveyor 22

I had a question on the fresh water tank.

Toward the front of the trailer there is what looks like a spout that says " Fresh Water "

Toward the rear of the trailer there is also a port that says " City water connection " where you can screw in a hose, next to that is the port for flushing the black tank.

The port toward the front that say's " Fresh Water " does not accommodate a water hose screw on type connection.

So my question is this: When do you use the tank that says "Fresh Water " vs connecting a hose to the port that say's " City Water Connection "

Sorry if this is basic, but I'm new to this RVing' thing and during the PDI I remember them pointing the connections out but not really explaining when a where to use them.

Thanks

Avan
Avan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #2

Use the tank when there is no city water available, meaning your site has water that is shared by many. Some sites have multiple hook ups Water, electric or water, electric and sewer, electric only or no hook ups. I always travel with about 5 gallons in tank just so if someone needs a pit stop toilet can be flushed. When you get to a campground and water is not close fill the tank when you pass a spigot then go park at your site.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #3

I believe that is your fresh water holding tank. Just stick the hose In the hole to fill the tank. There is no hose connection.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avan View Post
Hello folks,

Since I'm new to this TT Surveyor 22

I had a question on the fresh water tank.

Toward the front of the trailer there is what looks like a spout that says " Fresh Water "

Toward the rear of the trailer there is also a port that says " City water connection " where you can screw in a hose, next to that is the port for flushing the black tank.

The port toward the front that say's " Fresh Water " does not accommodate a water hose screw on type connection.

So my question is this: When do you use the tank that says "Fresh Water " vs connecting a hose to the port that say's " City Water Connection "

Sorry if this is basic, but I'm new to this RVing' thing and during the PDI I remember them pointing the connections out but not really explaining when a where to use them.

Thanks

Avan
I wonder if you are talking about the Surveyor 220? In any case, we use the city water connection any time it is available. Be sure to use a hose designated for potable water and not just any old garden hose. And use a pressure regulator on the faucet end to protect your hose and the trailer's plumbing.

As for the fresh water tank, we use a funnel to put a few gallons of water in it to use for flushing the toilet - via the water pump - while on the road with city water not available. You won't need to have the water pump turned on if you're hooked to city water.

We don't use the fresh water tank for anything else, but those who dry camp do. Depends on what your needs and preferences are.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank