Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #1

Hail Damaged roof being replaced

I still need help deciding whether to go wilh the type of rubber roof that came with my 2011 275 Survegor that was damaged by hail five weeks ago. The dealer wants me to concider a roof made with PVC material. He says it holds up better and longer. I cant find anything that helps me undersatnd what it is. When i asked him to give me a name for it, he said it was XPRM PLY PVC. AT last resort i am going to have a look at it for myself and try to make a good choice. Total insurance claim was 6700.
I am thinking just go with Forest River now uses and forget this stuff I dont know anything about. Maybe the dealer has some of these roofs that he has to get rid off. James
Bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Here is some info on the 2 most popular roofing systems. I would guess your unit has TPO roofing from the factory.

Roof Maintenance

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #3

I'm curious, what does the damage look like on a rubber roof? I was in some quarter sized hail a couple weeks ago, bad enough to put a couple dings in my TV. I checked the roof and all looked fine to me. Is there something in particular I should be looking for/at?
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #4

It looked okay to me as well and I wasn't going to do anything. But my next door neighbor told us that their Travel trailer was damaged and insurance was covering it so I called the dealer who sent a man out. He said that the roof had tiny cuts at each spot that was hit by the hailstone and that in time leaks could start. The insurance adjuster came out and agreed and I have the check in hand now. I gness you have to know what you are looking for. James
Bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be calling Progressive tomorrow. Trailer is only 6 weeks old so I appreciate it!
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote