Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That 2" silver flex duct is a heating duct. It needs to be attached to a register box, not just floating around. If you are getting water under your pan then you have a bigger problem then that. Pans are not made to leak or seep. Even with the round vents the duct attaches directly to them they do not just float around behind them.
Are you sure it is not 4" instead of 2" ducting? Mine are all 4".
Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Are you sure it is not 4" instead of 2" ducting? Mine are all 4".
Well it could be Neil, but the register is 3"x10" the picture ratio makes it looks like 2" to me. But hell you know me, I have been wrong before.... I don't even have a register in my bath area.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well it could be Neil, but the register is 3"x10" the picture ratio makes it looks like 2" to me. But hell you know me, I have been wrong before.... I don't even have a register in my bath area.
Do you want one? I can fix that little problem.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #24

Fired up the heat today to check this out. Definitely had heat coming out of the vent in the bathroom.
jwebb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #25

I definately do not have any heat coming out of mine. Either the flex venting is crushed somewhere or it has come loose of the outlet of the furnace.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #26

Robmac, did you you ever resolve the bathroom heating issue when you brought the trailer to the dealer? I have a 2014 sp260 with the same issue. Big vent, small pipe, little heat.
Sport260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #27

sport260, the dealer said it was just a poor design and there wasnt anything they could do about it. the ductwork for the bathroom travels the longest distance compared to all the other ducts. It hasn't really been too big of an issue with that register not blowing heat out like the other grills.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #28

Thx thought the reduction in air might have had something to do with the small space it was going into, but poor design works to. Thx for the reply.
Sport260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
Robmac,

I just realized what you were talking about. That is not anything to do with heat (or AC). that grill is there to allow air to get in under the tub surround so that it can dry out any water that might get back there (and there are several way this can happen). I had mine off because my shower leaks at times and it goes under the surround.

So, not a heating vent or return. FYI- You should have 1 vent in the bathroom. The return should be in the kitchen across from your furnace. Mine is right under the fridge.

Tim
Tim: What you are saying makes sense, at least for the model you and I have. We've already got a heat vent in the bathroom, so no need for another one just three feet away in such a small space.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating