Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
We have owned our trailer a year now (10+ trips, 35+ nights) and other than a faulty furnace (which was quickly replaced by dealer) our trailer has been trouble free. Extremely happy!

Frank & Rita M
2008 Ford FX2 F-150 3.73 CC 139" WB w/EQ4 WDS
2011 Rockwood 2702SS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
We have had our trailer for 5 days now, and have taken it on 1 trip. We have found 3 problems.

1. It rained a lot last Thursday and we found a small puddle at the bottom front corner of the slide out, looks to be similar to the problem some of the SV291s were experiencing. I found a spot on the trim where it looked like the caulk separated, and it may have been the entry point. I siliconed the spot, will check after next rain, if water then time for waranty claim.

2. The bulb for the hitch light was cracked and broke. No warranty claim, just a $5 purchase from autoparts store day after arriving. Thankfully, one of us had a smartphone with a flashlight app as it was pitch black out when we went to unhitch.

3. a hole in the awning. after done camping for the season I will handle a warranty fix on this one one.

It is yet to be determined if this list will continue to grow or not.

2013 Ford F150 Super-Crew
2014 Heritage Glen 312qbud
jjm901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Site Team
Originally Posted by jjm901 View Post
2. The bulb for the hitch light was cracked and broke. No warranty claim, just a $5 purchase from autoparts store day after arriving. Thankfully, one of us had a smartphone with a flashlight app as it was pitch black out when we went to unhitch.
I guess I'm old school-- we ALWAYS have a flash light in my truck AND one
or more in the trailer.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Still in the first year, but my list seems almost minor compared to some of the stories I read on and

Radio not working. This is a Genesis 2 radio/DVD/CD (Concertone).

Left latch lock on side bunk and right latch lock on rear bunk each
fell out of latches when locking/unlocking.

Cushion seam coming apart on one of the table cushion.

A slight water leak in the kitchen sink area under the sink.

My power jack failed.

Here's the good news (Knock on wood). No leaks from roof, bunks or seals around bunks, which can be a problem with hybrids.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
I just bought a 2009 sandstorm,traded in a 27ft jayflight bunkhouse.Been looking at them for over three years,it was one of a couple that would haul my street legal dunebuggy.Im hoping that nothing go's wrong with it over the next ten years.I camp all over oregon and belong to an ATV group Dirt Church.Im A Mechanic and most repairs if needed will be done by me,I hate broken stuff.Most people dont have the aptitude to be able to fix a light bulb from what Ive seen at most of the camp sites I visit.Time will tell,picking it up next weekend at curtis trailer in portland after I clean mine out.So far Ive seen the rear bed out of position,outisde shower was damaged and the bed frame in rear was bent.My first camp out will tell me all that is wrong,will keep you posted
flyboy4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
2011 Mini-Lite 2304

2011 Mini-Lite 2304
First, let me say that our new unit greatly surpasses our old unit in many ways and the floorplan rocks!
However, there are a few issues and we are learning to adapt and overcome.

1. Water pump check valve allowed city water connection to fill up Fresh water tank. Replaced pump under warrantee after dealer tried to get out of it.
2. Cracked outside shower hose from factory. replaced by dealer.
3. Right brake light out, dealer trying to say my truck is the problem. The truck system is good at the trailer plug so any problem after that connection has to be the trailer. We will see how this works out.
4. Microware vibrates excessively when used, but that should be a minor fix.
5. Other Minor problems include: Sloppy cabinet wood-grain vinyl application, Murphy bed hardware is the cheapest available, Door locks and all exterior locks are of minimal quality, Bedside closets are not tall enough to hang an average sized shirt without folding them, lack of toilet paper hanger or towel bar in bathroom and no clear guideance on where/how to install aftermarket hardware without damage to the walls, there are other minor issues.

(I won't even get into the concertone quality issue, the unit works and I have learned to adapt my television to it but the overall sound quality is only passable. My 1972 Ford Maverick had better quality reception with an AM radio jury-rigged to an old FM adapter with tin foil and bubble gum than the radio receiver, amplifier and speaker system that Forest River and Concertone uses...just saying!)

I hate to hear the response from the dealer that "a travel trailer is not a house" Considering that a travel trailer is meant to be used in a rural and rugged outdoor enviroment and and to be towed down the road, the unit should be designed to handle such stresses much more than my home which is not INTENDED to move at 55 to 65 mph.

If this philosphy was used in a marine environment there would be more boats sunk on the floor of the harbor than tied to pier!
Just my humble opinion.
Daren, Sharon and Tinkerbelle the Wonderdog
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2304
Campski65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #17
Have the trailer since May 2011 and so far no issues with's now winterized and it is easy to do.
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
2008 Rockwood 8317ss.
1.) Drawer under couch fell apart
2.) Raised wood panels on fridge fell off
3.) Light cover on hitch light fell off
4.) Concertone 600ZX replaced
5.) 1 bad GFI outlet in kitchen

These were the only issues I had in the first year. (actually maiden voyage). I return trip to the dealer fixed everything and unit has been solid every since. Everything else I've had to repair was broken by me
Overall I'm very pleased with my Rockwood. I use info on this sight to head off potential issues, and really I like tinkering with my RV. I'm just getting to understand her. I've fixed a bent axel and broken wheel, ran over a curb. Replaced awning hardware, huge rainstorm with no tilt on awning. Eternabond the roof, replaced outside compartment weatherstripping on all doors.
My current task is to replace the steps, and the plastic step insert. A rock jumped up out of no where and took them out.
Walt-N-Terry Sanford
03 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
08 Rockwood 8317
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
I would rather be camping
2011 Sv 291 bought May 2010 used 18 weekends and a 9 day vacation,it has a total of about 4000 miles on her ....
Ive had to tighten a cabinet door hinge....I feel blessed.
2011Surveyor SV-291.
2011Toyota Tundra
Gizzerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
Wow, from all the responses, I feel that maybe I got a lemon. I am more dissapointed with the issues that I have now.

We absolutely love the trailer layout and options, so no trailer exchange in the future.

I find it funny how the sales person that we bought it from said that " Of all the trailers, I find Surveyor has some of the best quality for trailers not having to come back for repairs." Now he said last week "Ahhh thats just the 1st year shakedown."

I sure hope that next spring/ summer goes better than this year...However I must say that they did have it ready every time I wanted it for a weekend.

2004 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
Surveyor SV-295
2 boys and a wonderful wife
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote