Old 10-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #31

Just some of the same issues that everyone else had or is probably gonna have with loose and leaking drain pipes. oh yeah, and a concertone dvd player that has sound but no picture at random times. But a word of warning to all with the outside kitchen with fridge, I found out the hard way that the frost build up in the freezer melts and goes into a tray under said freezer. when this tray gets full of melted water it runs down into the fridge and out the door onto counter under fridge. On mine it leaked into the seam and caused the wood to swell and laminate to come loose, looks terrible. Other than that love my new sp240.

threetwos1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #32
This might be a long one, and probably missed a bunch:
Have a 2011 Flagstaff 8524rls bought new June, 2010.
Escape window blew out last spring. Since I install cardboard in the windows when in storage, an unlatched window(10-12 inch rod) would be obvious. Somehow whatever the problem was, it was missed by the window mfgr., trailer mfgr., the dealer, and me.
One reading light fell apart.
Water valve for outside shower fell apart during a trip.
Bottom of drawer under dinette broke out. Added supports to the floor so I can now stand in it when they are closed.
Installed 4 clamps to table legs to keep table in position during travel. (I know you are suposto put them down during travel, but its a big pain.
Grease cap on one wheel was not installed.
Water leak rear corner. (Hopefully comming in around the window during a driving rainstorm.)
Water leaking thru A/C during last rain.
Frayed cord on day/night shade.
One brake lock up occasionally when applying brakes.
2 drain spouts missing from left rear corner. With all the other problems presumed they were just missed, but when installing new ones, there were silicone outlines where they should have been. Used Liquid Nails, still there.
The (I presume made in China) fan is noisy on all but the slowest speed.
Probably a few others I missed but thats enough for now. Wayne

wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #33
Thanks a bunch. The trailer is in storage, the next time I have it out I'll check it out.
jertruax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #34
Maiden voyage to PA from MN with our new SP240 ended tonight with our return. 2,300 miles and seven nights in the trailer. A few minor assembly/hardware issues that I fixed quickly. Nothing that surprised me having had a pop up for many years. Only warranty request will be leaking hot and cold fresh water in the outside kitchen. I will have it done when I get it winterized. All other systems work perfectly. Very impressive unit. Very comfortable and a dream to tow. We are already planning next year's trips. We are most satisfied with the Surveyor and FR. I must say it was fun to drive through Janesville, WI where my truck was made and Elkhart IN where the trailer was made on the same trip. Appropriate somehow.
2011 Surveyor SP240, 1996 Coleman Sun Valley
2001 Suburban 1500, 3.73, K&N, Jet Chip, Magnaflow dual exhaust, Reese Dual Cam
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #35
I bought a new Flagstaff 5th wheel 2 yrs ago and the only problem was the ac vents stayed closed, those were replaced by dealer seems vents were defected after reading all the problems others have had I feel very lucky!! ps even my concertone has worked great!!!!!!
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #36
We purchased a Surveyor SP 240 in April 2011. It is the tenth RV we have purchased since 1978, and the third new unit of the ten. We have probably had more problems with the Surveyor than all of the other units combined.

Problems repaired under warranty:

Two of the bearings on the slide out broke. Little ball bearing pieces were all over the floor. The dealer's service manager thinks it was due to poor alignment at the factory.

The microwave oven door fogged up after short usage. The unit was replaced with a different make of much better quality

The dead bolt on the door lock didn't work, the lock set was replaced.

Repairs and modafications we made:

In putting UV protectant on the roof, I noticed that the sealant on the front seam did not go all the way across the trailer. It looked like the worker ran out of sealant, and never went back to finish the job.

The collapisible frame on the dinnett table was responsible for several bruised knees, and we replaced it with a couple standard posts and cones.

A trim piece on the dinnett seat fell off the first time we had trailer out. It was replaced with piece of cornor moulding to cover up the rough edge.

All of the hatch locks were replaced. I have done this with all of our RVs since the early 90s.

We really like this trailer, and hope this is the end of any warranty work and repairs. It is probably the last RV we will ever own, and we just want to relax and enjoy it.
DnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #37

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #38
Lottery Non-Winner
So far:
1. slide out screeching
2. floor vents for the heater were blocked
3. automatic leveling system needing re-calibrated
4. water heater dribbles outside
5. now there's a leak somewhere near the windshield

Only used it 4 times so far.

2011 Georgetown 337
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
Yikes. I'm not looking forward to what we discover with our new Rockwood Mini-lite. I'm going to be a PITA during the PDI.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #40
We lost the flapper in stove vent & a light lens

Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote