Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #51
Babs: delamination is not a small issue that can be left alone. When it start it will only get worse and usually fixing an issue like this involves a complete change of the wall. It is costing big time money and it is an issue for Forest River not a trailer owner. They replaced the whole wall at the back of my 2011 rockwood because of water damages inside the wall and their job was perfect after. Go for the repair while your warranty is still valid.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
Babs: Do a search on these forums for "Complaint." Read about the problems this guy has been having for a year and half with water, etc. because he refused to deliver his TT back to the dealer for repairs. If your husband doesn't want to take it back, why not call the dealer and see if they'll pick it up?

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #53
Rare problem - water runs out of trailer when breaking camp

We took our new 2012 3002 Windjammer on two trips in Sept and Oct last year, about 20 nights total. Here's what went wrong:
  • stove light and hood fan quit working
  • Genesis 3 will not read USB and SD ports correctly
  • outside speakers hardly make any sound
  • one wheel hub fell off
  • two stove burner igniters rarely ignite the gas
  • power awning has a catch when extending it
  • when we break camp and head for the dump station, probably about 2 gallons of water run out of the bottom of the trailer in the area under the bedroom.
The Genesis was replaced. We have the exact problems with the new one. All other items were fixed satisfactorily, except one.

The water issue happened every time we camped, rain or not, two nights or five. We had water hookups each time. The leaking water looked clean - I don't think it's gray - definitely not black. The dealer opened up the trailer underneath, and could see where standing water had gathered, but could find only a very, very slow drip in a water line, which they tightened. Don't see how that could have leaked at least a couple of gallons in two days. There was no damamge anywhere, including the interior, thank goodness. They left the water pressure on for a long time - but nothing else leaked at the dealership. We won't know if the water issue has been fixed until next camping season.

Has anyone out there had this problem? I'd be very curious to know the fix if someone has been through this. Thanks.
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3002w
2004 Silverado 2500HD 6.0/4.10
12/12 Equalizer and Prodigy

picknfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
Maybe we have a lemon.
We bought a 2011 BlueRidge 3025 in May.
It has not been happy camping for us since this purchase.
We have had multiple electric problems. Including having the converter go out.
Faucet screws in shower rusted, and replace the shower faucet -leaking.
Shower walls are coming off the walls.
A drawer fell apart. Screw came out of brace for steps.
Finial comes off light every trip.
Mouldings all warped and off exposing screws. Front compartment mouldings warped and has a 1/2 space into the basement exposed.
Dining area slider does not close completely.
And we have been on 5 mini trips. Every single one was a
headache. This is our long trip 1300 miles. And staying in
it for 3 months. We have had nothing but problems on this trip as well.
We always dreamed of our life and being able to travel. Its been more of a nightmare.
We traded in a 9 yr old Hurricane for this fifth wheel to have more comfort and space. Well we have the space but no piece of mind. I cannot recommend a Forest River Product.
shipsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Palomino Puma absolute nothing so far.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #56
Picknfiddle: regarding the water that run under the trailer bedroom : it remind my trailer 2011 rockwood right after we took possession. After a rain storm I found that the trailer was dripping under the black plastic menbrane. After a close inspection the water was running inside the wall and ended up trapped inside the Darco menbrane, I made my own test by cutting the menbrane opened near the area where it was leaking and it came from the back wall each time it was raining. For your case it could be something else than the rain but for sure your leak ends under the darco menbrane. This menbrane is breathable and will leak when water is present. They replaced the whole back wall of my trailer because of this leak. see a picture of my leakage. The wall was already rotting out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06100.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	10092  
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #57
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
My thoughts exactly but he doesn't want to and it's not something I can do myself.
Shoot if you lived in Ohio I'd drive it to your dealer for you.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #58
My large slide likes to rub on the carpet for about 5" making an ugly dark stripe on the carpet. They adjusted the slide so they said, but it still drags on the top of carpet. Other than that thats it. I know I went up on the roof and re-sealed a lot of chaulk lines on the first day of ownership. I had a couple areas that would have leaked if I wouldn't have added more chaulk.
So other than that its been a great unit...

2008 GMC Duramx-2500HD 4x4 CrewCab
52 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank
Reese18K Signature Series 5th Wheel Hitch With Slider #30085
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #59
Capucine, Good thing you took a look when you did. Glad to hear they fixed it the right way. That could have been much worse if it had happened after the warranty ran out. My problem obvoiusly isn't rain, so that's a relief - since it's stored outside this winter. It's kind of hard to tell by the picture, but I don't think I have a membrane like yours. They had to open up the enclosed underbelly to find where the water had been standing. I even laid under the trailer and pushed up on it in may locations before we left our last campsite. No luck finding water. Then we pulled out and water started running out. ???? We'll see what happens in the spring.

2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3002w
2004 Silverado 2500HD 6.0/4.10
12/12 Equalizer and Prodigy

picknfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote