Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 719
I do not want this thread to turn into something I did not intend to. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and spend their money the way they see fit.

I know that there a few SV-291 owners here and wanted to see if they had leaking storage doors.
__________________

__________________
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Galloway,OH
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
I do not want this thread to turn into something I did not intend to. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and spend their money the way they see fit.

I know that there a few SV-291 owners here and wanted to see if they had leaking storage doors.
I have a Rockwood and both front storage doors leaked. It was due to the wrong size gasket material being used. The proper size gasket was installed and no more leak. I did it myself with a gasket kit I received from Forest River. It was a very simple job.
__________________

__________________
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 719
You do not have pictures of the before and after gasket, do you ? The current gasket initially made closing the storage doors very difficult. And now it is as if they are not there. And whenever I open the doors if it had rained, they are full of water ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
I have a Rockwood and both front storage doors leaked. It was due to the wrong size gasket material being used. The proper size gasket was installed and no more leak. I did it myself with a gasket kit I received from Forest River. It was a very simple job.
__________________
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Galloway,OH
Posts: 262
I don't have before and after pictures. On mine closing the hatches was very easy and I had leaks. The new gaskets make it a little challenge to get the doors latched. So far after a little over a year they have not compressed much.
__________________
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 719
Ok, silly question, mine are white what colour were the ones, originally and after ? Maybe the gasgets I have are defective as they compressed unbelievably ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
I don't have before and after pictures. On mine closing the hatches was very easy and I had leaks. The new gaskets make it a little challenge to get the doors latched. So far after a little over a year they have not compressed much.
__________________

__________________
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
surveyor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.