Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #11

I do not want this thread to turn into something I did not intend to. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and spend their money the way they see fit.

I know that there a few SV-291 owners here and wanted to see if they had leaking storage doors.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
I do not want this thread to turn into something I did not intend to. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and spend their money the way they see fit.

I know that there a few SV-291 owners here and wanted to see if they had leaking storage doors.
I have a Rockwood and both front storage doors leaked. It was due to the wrong size gasket material being used. The proper size gasket was installed and no more leak. I did it myself with a gasket kit I received from Forest River. It was a very simple job.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #13

You do not have pictures of the before and after gasket, do you ? The current gasket initially made closing the storage doors very difficult. And now it is as if they are not there. And whenever I open the doors if it had rained, they are full of water ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
I have a Rockwood and both front storage doors leaked. It was due to the wrong size gasket material being used. The proper size gasket was installed and no more leak. I did it myself with a gasket kit I received from Forest River. It was a very simple job.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #14

I don't have before and after pictures. On mine closing the hatches was very easy and I had leaks. The new gaskets make it a little challenge to get the doors latched. So far after a little over a year they have not compressed much.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #15

Ok, silly question, mine are white what colour were the ones, originally and after ? Maybe the gasgets I have are defective as they compressed unbelievably ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
I don't have before and after pictures. On mine closing the hatches was very easy and I had leaks. The new gaskets make it a little challenge to get the doors latched. So far after a little over a year they have not compressed much.

Tags
surveyor