Old 09-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

You might also lay down so you can see the suspension and have someone rock the trailer back and forth sideways and see if you can see anything that looks strange or popping when the springs flex.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #12

Thanks. I'll get it checked but honestly axels popped the day it was drove off the lot. The leaking is a seal issue I believe. However as you said, the frame could be warped. Being as there is less than 800 miles (75% of them going to the dealer) I don't think I did anything. I worked on a farm when I was young so I am confident pulling a trailer. Could have been the delivery guy? Maybe. Hadn't thought of that but how would you prove it? The other leaks etc are a pain. I just think a lot of it is attention to detail in the workmanship.

The frustrating thing is that even though this wasn't a $50,000 fifth wheel it was a lot if money to me anyway. I would just expect a little better quality control from FR and a lot better service and support from the dealer.

I guess a NICE call to FR is the best bet. Anyone have a specific number or contact that might can help?

Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #13

How does one overfill tanks? Wouldn't you get a back up if that happened.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #14

Also are you a Good Sam member. They have a program to assist those of us who have run into a brick wall with companies who will not deal with lemins
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #15

I am a Good SAMs member. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpboy View Post

I guess a NICE call to FR is the best bet. Anyone have a specific number or contact that might can help?

Thanks for the replies.
Document, document, document.

Why did you buy from a dealer so far away? My previous trailer's dealer was 50 miles away and was still a PITA. Give your original dealer the opportunity to get things corrected. Strongly suggest to the service department that you are giving them an x number of days to correct the issues. Don't leave the dealer's city limit until you are satisfied.

Contacting FR will be your next step but keep in mind that they may have you right back at the dealer. So don't burn your bridges behind you! Showing your ***** will not get you anywhere. Let the dealer know you are not satisfied and he will be seeing you for a while until your issues are corrected.

Good luck. The Force is with you!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #17

They were the second closest. The first didn't have what we wanted and said that they couldn't get a 2012.

It gets worse. We are camping tonight and my wife pulls back the sheets to find the bed wet. The window over the head of the bed is leaking.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #18

Hmmm.....I'll be watching this one closely. My Surveyor 189 has had zero issues, other than I broke the TV . 6 hrs away would be a tough one.

FWIW, these trailers are not exactly light. Mine is around 4200lbs dry and seem quite stout to me. It would have to take a heck of a hit to cause all these problems - not sure hitting a curb would do all that. An inspection of the wheels and tires could give a clue if that were the case.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #19

Looking at the wheels and undercarriage there doesn't seem to be anything that looks out of line. Wheels and tires are perfect. The comment about the frame possibly being an issue has me thinking. Question, how hard is it for you guys to close your outside door?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #20

Laying down and looking at suspension with someone rocking trailer will do nothing, take your unit to a Truck & Trailer place and have them look at it, get professional advice then and only then go to dealer