Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 05:29 AM   #1

Inner window Seal repair ?

I would of posted this in the seals and maintenance section but had issues finding it with the mobile app.

I have started getting ready to get my trailer ready for summer. So far I have repaired a trim piece due to a defective seal, resealed all lower caulking with rv proseal, 2/3 of my roof I have 3/4 of my roof seals Eternabond covered(preventative), getting ready to recover the floor in vinyl floor(menolium cracked). Winter hasn't been kind....then last night I discover the inner seal of my windows are coming loose.
How do I tackle this. :-)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461752910920.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	106251   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461752934309.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	106252   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461752956549.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	106253  
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 AM   #2

I have had similar seals lift over time. Most of the time I had to replace them...you can order it online in various lengths.

Sometimes you can pull the seal out all the way to the end. Clean the grooves and the seal and get the seal to seat back in the groove. But usually, at least for me, the seal has shrunk maybe due to drying out and won't ever sit correctly in the corners. Which is where I always see them lift...corners.

Yours is not too bad so you might be able to get it to seat again. But you need to pull the seal out some and clean the seal and the window seal groove as there will be dirt in there. Again I pull the seal all the way out ( just one way towards the closest end piece). This gives you the slack to get the corner to seat.

It is fairly easy to get it back in the groove. If it stays great..if not then you just need to order some new seal strips.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply shughey00. What did you clean with? What tool worked well for you to get the seal back and if I need to replace it where do you recommend going to get it? Sorry for the many questions.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #4

I just used some dawn dish detergent and water honestly. Just to get the dirt and crud out of the grooves.

If it is all stained with mold or mildew then you need something stronger but even then I used soap and water BUT is scrubbed it with a green dish scrubby. I have used a little bit of bleach and even simply green but really did not do much for mildew. the scrubby did the trick.

As for a tool really I could get most of in with my fingers but I used a flat screwdriver in some places...being careful obviously. But usually my fingers did the job most of the time. It is referred to as a snap in glazing bead so...just snaps in.

Here is a link for Hehr window seals. You need to take out the rubber seal and measure it and look at the profile. I think I have another link too.
http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Product...CategoryID=303

Or...
http://www.rvwindow.com/RV_Products_...CategoryID=197
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair