Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 11:17 PM   #1

Interior trim issues

Anyone else having this issue, the wood trim around our push out, which I thought was wood is apparently a composite with a wood grain vinyl over it, we have had one 8" section peal or turn lose. Trying to decide how to repair. I imagine glueing back is the only way. Has anyone had any experience with this.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #2

Being a model builder, I have lots of different glues. I use vinyl cement for a few things. Test it on a place where it's not visible, to make sure it's not going to eat the plastic... If it's OK then peel it back if possible and apply the cement. Smooth it out with a paper towel rubbing from the still-attached portion to the edge. Do this in only that direction. If it's in the middle, a small hypodermic needle can be used to put glue under the plastic... in very small doses... Hope that helps.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

Yes we had issues with ours as well. I used some carpenters glue behind the trim then shot some brad nails into the trim to keep it in tact. it has been a problem since day 1. I've learned to accept when you bounce these things down the road they fall apart. It sucks but it is what it is.
JJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #4

I'm having the same issues. Poor design in how this trim was installed. In my case it's too close to the floor and catches when the slide is opened. The bottom 12 inches looks awful. It was happening on one side of one slide within a few months of our purchase. We got that one covered under warranty and they just replaced the entire section of trim. Now it's happening on 2 more pieces and I think replacement is the way to go. I'm gonna ask for warranty but probably won't get it. If not, I'll just have them order the replacement trim and install it myself. Of bigger concern is did my slide move out of adjustment and cause the issue?! I'll probably have that checked too.
harrisscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

Mine fell off on the first trip. I actually used some small wood screws to hold it on the wall then covered the plastic with some cheep stickers that are almost the same color.
Check the TV mount, mine fell off the wall and we found the tv on the floor between the slide and fire place.
I carry with me a battery power tool kits, different glues, screws, nuts and bolts of assorted kinds. Roof repair tape, self leveling dicor, and none leveling. I somehow feel there will be a fix needed that I don't have the tools or material I need to fix the 5th wheel.
szabla is offline   Reply With Quote