Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #1

Kitchen sink

First time asking a question on this forum. I have been a member for about a year now. I have a learned a lot here and have received a ton of information that I never even considered. This site is very informative. Thank you everyone. Now for my question. I have a 2016 Surveyor 291BHSS that I purchased new in April of 2016. The kitchen sink seems to be pulling away or dropping from the counter top. Does anyone know how the sink is mounted to the bottom of the counter. It is mounted underneath the counter top and there is a cover that came from the factory that sits down on top of the sink and is supposed to and was flush with the rest of the counter top. Mine now appears to be below the counter top. Thank you all in advance for your responses.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529785313.443401.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	176963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529785414.834233.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	176964
Nicholas69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #2

Well as a cabinetmaker I can tell you that the sink is mounted to the countertop with some type of adhesive and maybe some mechanical fasteners. I would try to get under there with a light to see if maybe the mechanical fasteners have loosened over time. If there are no fasteners than you may need to remove the sink, clean off the old adhesive and remount the sink. If you decide to do so I can give you some pointers.

2019 Surveyor 201RBS
2017 Nissan Titan XD
mbcabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Ok,thanks. I will do that and will repost what I find.
Nicholas69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #4

This happens to almost every undermount stainless steel sink I have ever seen. I have gotten into the habit of pointing it out to my plumbing customers before I start to do any work on or under their kitchen sinks so they can’t try to blame it on me. It seems that the counter trade just can’t come up with a good adhesive for attaching stainless steel to stone or Corian. I think, also, that they never use enough clamps — I usually see only four used — one on each side of the sink, which isn’t enough. And most times, those are loose, or have fallen out of the slots they have carved into the bottom of the counter.

There are no quick fixes because you really need to completely disassemble the plumbing, remove the sink, completely clean all of the surfaces you are going to appply adhesive to, then, if possible, add more sink clamps. Just hope that the left and right sides of your sink don’t extend beyond the sides of your sink base into the adjacent cabinets, causing you great difficulty in removing and replacing the clamps and getting the sink out.

You are very fortunate to have the offer of advice from a professional like mbcabinetmaker. I would take him up on his offer.

Bruce
Old 06-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #5

My sink is plastic and did the same thing. I rigged up some crap to hold it up and bought the best silicone I could buy and resealed best I could. I couldn't get to it to fix the way I wanted to without removing the counter top. So far it's ok.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink