Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Laminate on outside of camper

I have a sv261t and there's a big bubble underneath the laminate on the outside of it. It feels solid behind it, it's just bubbled up as if it's came loose or something. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and if so how'd u fix it.
pgarza0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgarza0910 View Post
I have a sv261t and there's a big bubble underneath the laminate on the outside of it. It feels solid behind it, it's just bubbled up as if it's came loose or something. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and if so how'd u fix it.
Its called delamination and happens when the layers begin to lose the bond between fiberglass, laun board, the aluminum stiffeners and the foam insulation. A bubble like you describe is often caused by failed glue bond at time of manufacturer.

Normally the entire panel must be changed, rear or side wherever it is. Some dealers can do it, often the factory will call it back. It will not cure itself, only get worse due to moisture getting in. Time for a notify to the dealer or mfg.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

I am having the same issue on my SC226. Taking it to the dealer this week-wish me luck!
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #4

look for a leak.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #5

Well, the dealer has sent the request into Forest River. My dealer said they will either want it back at the factory to repair or they many send in a new slide out to replace the one that has the delamination on it. I guess the good thing is we will be done camping by November for the season so they will have all winter to fix it so I can use it for Fall camping.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

Just heard back from the dealer and Forest River wants to bring my trailer back to the plant in Indiana to fix it. Is this a good thing or bad? Has anyone else gone through this? Any words of advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #7

Best chance you have for a complete, correct repair !

Old 11-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurley View Post
Just heard back from the dealer and Forest River wants to bring my trailer back to the plant in Indiana to fix it. Is this a good thing or bad? Has anyone else gone through this? Any words of advise?

It good to send it back to the factory. Make sure you take everything out of the unit. Take pictures of the condition of the inside and have your dealer walk thru it with you when you drop it off with them. Make a list of ANYTHING you want taken care of and give a copy to the dealer AND tape one someplace inside the unit. The factory will usually take care of any other little issue (major or minor) while it is in for repair. When you get it back, do a walk thru with the dealer (run the slide in/out a few times) before you tow it off the lot, just to make sure all is good.

Good luck!
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #9

Well, the dealer ended up doing the repair and replaced the slide out wall at their dealership and I pick up the trailer yesterday. I am very pleased with their work and it looks great. The only issue was having to wait for Forest River to send the new wall to the dealer which took about a month .

Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #10

That's good news!

Tags
camper