Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #1

Last one of the season.

We are going to brave the Mid-Michigan cold this weekend, one last time. We are going to the Outdoors Adventures RV park near Flint. So far, the weather bozos are calling for chilly but nice weather. Then first thing monday, we'll put her to bed til spring. sad, sad, sad.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm59 View Post
We are going to brave the Mid-Michigan cold this weekend, one last time. We are going to the Outdoors Adventures RV park near Flint. So far, the weather bozos are calling for chilly but nice weather. Then first thing monday, we'll put her to bed til spring. sad, sad, sad.
Enjoy your last trip. Hope the weather holds up for you. Before you know it will be time to take her back out again, yes it is sad......
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #3

We're also taking what will probably be our last for the year this weekend.

Only here they're forecasting sunshine and the temps will be in the low to mid 70's. Cool in the evenings, just right for a good campfire.

gregm59 you might as well drive a few more miles south and join us!

Hope you enjoy your trip.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
bigdaddy1

We just back this afternoon from a short 4 day trip. This first thing I did was to start draining lines and the hot water tank. I thought that if i did it quickly then it would not hurt to put her to bed..BUT, only thoughts of how many days till spring.

2019 3350RLX
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
We just back this afternoon from a short 4 day trip. This first thing I did was to start draining lines and the hot water tank. I thought that if i did it quickly then it would not hurt to put her to bed..BUT, only thoughts of how many days till spring.

From today November 4th, about 136 days til Spring.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #6

We just got back. The weather was beautiful! We pulled in about 7:30 pm Thursday and as the DW went to drop the electric jack, it literally dropped. A shear pin in the head had sheared off. Since it was dark, we left it hooked to the truck and tackled it in the morning. I took it off and apart and went on a search. No luck. Luckily, our friend had a bottle jack we used to take the truck off the trailer. That first night, our friend was wondering if he had enough propane for this last trip. I told him I thought I was set. Of course, around 11:30 that first night, my wife said "Hmm, the furnace is blowing cold air." Since I was pretty much asleep and lazy, I said I'd look at it in the morning. It got down to 25 degrees that night. Our little electric heater kept the trailer at a toasty 53 degrees... In the morning I checked and realized I was 1.) really smart, but 2.) really dumb. I had read somewhere that if you only leave one tank turned on at a time, you would never run out. When the "on" tank was empty, turn on the other one and get the empty one filled. Turns out I did just that. Only I forgot. Of course, I was reminded of it all weekend. Things were great until the last night when our friends two sons had clothes and a cell phone stolen from the pool locker. It could have been worse, I guess. Earlier we had commented on the added visible security at the park (Outdoors Adventures). Now we know why. Oh yeah, the part cost $9.00 from Ultrafab and I have two on order. I dug out the hand crank jack and just finished the winterizing. Tomorrow we'll take it out to storage and cover it. I will repeat, "Sad, sad, sad". With that said, it was a beautiful trip to end the season...
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor